State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Investment Compliance Analyst, Associate 1
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-602384
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Grow your career at State Street
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. We’re a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have – on our clients, our communities and each other.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
Investment Compliance Analyst
Purpose Of Role: A successful candidate will be responsible for implementing compliance restrictions on mutual funds related to Regulatory and Investment Manager (IM) mandates utilizing compliance platform. This will include coding and updating automated tests in the system. A qualified candidate will communicate directly with the client service teams to set up portfolios with their investment restrictions.
- Code and update automated tests within compliance platform which is utilizing a SQL/MQL.
- Develop macros for daily business with VBA usage.
- Import new funds into the system.
- Associate particular funds to their corresponding rules according to the documentation.
- Control data management in internal system based on SQL queries.
- Check compliance of prospectus and investment guidelines.
- Resolve arisen issues, like lack of data or misinterpretation restrictions.
- Work directly with other teams within the company in order to determine best approach or to obtain clarification.
- Conduct service review calls on a regular scheduled basis.
- Ensure deliverables are completed in a timely manner and follow-up with internal groups where necessary.
- Assist manager with designated compliance projects and assignments and act as coordinator where required.
- Ensure detailed documentation is maintained for audit purposes.
- Participate in both short and long term projects, like setting up new clients in system.
- Support technical product development with
- Appropriate software tools (e.g. VBA, SQL).
NON - TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Resolve review points highlighted by their manager and ensure they are kept informed of progress.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues.
- Demonstrate good time organizational skills in order to meet deadlines.
- Adhere to clean desk policy and record keeping.
TRAINING AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Work with their manager to identify objectives at the start of each year and keep them up to date.
- Actively participate in the appraisal process by completing a self-evaluation and suggesting appropriate development.
- Take responsibility for personal development and training.
Specific Qualifications/ Skills:
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Takes Ownership and Initiative
- Ensures accuracy and quality
- Provides outstanding service
- Communicates Effectively
- Displays Insight & Influence
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.