State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Regulatory Initiatives Project Manager, Officer
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-602950
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
The Regulatory Initiatives Project Manager will focus on key emerging EU regulations that have material impacts on State Street in terms of compliance requirements and/or service opportunities. Project Manager will collaborate with and support the Regulatory & Industry Initiatives Head in engaging effectively on select regulatory developments, with primary focus on Central Securities Depository (CSD) Regulation and Shareholder Rights Directive. Priorities include ensuring State Street preparedness in regulatory matters, sustaining effective interactions with relevant internal stakeholders, and defining suitable strategies and project work to address regulatory challenges and risks.
Project Management/ Change Management responsibilities
- Execute internal projects and support related external industry activities, including project participant outreach, research, development of meeting materials, project status reporting, summarising meeting conclusions/actions, gathering industry intelligence
- Ensure efficient communication and relationship management with multiple stakeholders including (Sponsors, Senior Management, PMO, project members, business units, end users)
- Provide risk and issues identification and mitigation
- Secure adherence to State Street’s internal Project Management methodologies and standards
- Secure prioritization and time management to support multiple projects/tasks in parallel
- Monitor developments in the legislative process and examine changes/outcomes
- Maintain working relationships with Regulatory, Industry & Government Affairs, Legal, and other business and support areas to facilitate knowledge sharing and align project strategies/approach
- Support production of executive summaries and client awareness materials
Core business requirements
- 3-5 years of proven project management experience (preferably in regulatory change implementation, IT implementation)
- Fluent English
- Professional experience within financial services will be an advantage
- Knowledge of Project Management Institute Standards, Six Sigma & required certifications (e.g. PMP) will be a considerable advantage
Core soft skills
- Evidence of strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent managerial skills enabling managing project team working under tight deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills including experience in face to face presentations to senior management.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Problem solving ability.
- Continuous improvement mind-set
- Knowledge of the financial industry
- Advanced PC literacy including MS Office applications (Excel, Word), Outlook, Collaborate/SharePoint, MS Project.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.