State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Middle Office Operations Specialist (AIS), Senior Associate
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-602908
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Overview of daily processing and analysis of complex OTC products as well as assisting in the development of pricing tools and applications.
The candidate should have a good working knowledge various OTC product types as well as an understanding of the pricing inputs used in the valuation of such products. OTC Products include Credit Default Swaps, Interest Rate, Swaptions, FX Options and Currency Swaps.
Good communication skills are required as the role will involve communication with the NY pricing team as well as Back Office colleagues. Strong problem solving, VBA and Excel skills are preferable as well as a good working knowledge of Access/SQL as troubleshooting and development of macros are a large part of the job.
- Daily operational processing of derivative valuations
- Analysis of daily valuations – determine valuations based on greeks (delta, gamma, vega)
- Analysis of profit and loss based on market changes (yield curves, FX rates, spread changes, etc.)
- Review and monitor daily money market yield curves, interest rate volatility, credit curves
- Perform pricing of OTC derivatives using financial models – i.e. CDS Standard Model, Black Sholes, etc.
- Work with developers to write up business specifications
- Project management
- During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures
- Degree in Mathematics, Physics, Financial Engineering
- At least 2 years of experience in Finance
- Understanding of fixed income derivatives - swaps, caps/floors, swaptions
- Analytical or Quantitative skills
- Familiarity with VBA, C++, Access, and Excel
- Familiarity with FinCad
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.