State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
GPD Business Controls Specialist, Associate-2
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-600483
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
The Global Process Delivery Business Controls Team (GPDBC) is part of the 1st Line of Defense framework for Global Process Delivery. The Associate will be responsible for supporting the design, development and implementation of key risk programs, methods, frameworks and includes oversight of regulatory and operational issues. GPDBC works closely with Business Unit (BU) managers to ensure key regulatory and operational risks and controls are aligned. The team also consults and coordinates with parties across the organization including with Business Controls Assurance Group, ERM, Compliance, BU Risk teams, Internal Audit and others to implement a sound risk management framework and support for a global program.
Support the development and implementation of a sound risk and compliance management framework and program within Global Process Delivery:
- Develop an understanding of Global Process Delivery product & services, business strategy, critical success factors, risk profile and potential exposures.
- Under general supervision, conduct assigned responsibilities related to policy implementation (including FLOD Policy) and execute a range of complex tasks and analyses to support the business unit and department goals.
- Under general supervision, perform deep dive reviews within the COEs/Shared Services and test key control points, assess risk, and provide relevant finding/ recommendations on improving internal controls.
- Conduct trend analysis, KRIs, losses, near misses, root causes, etc. and participate in the development and delivery of risk training programs to address key needs.
- Under general supervision, act as coordinator for direct contact with Compliance, Risk, Audit, and Legal, and other internal groups.
- Propose a range of solutions to complex problems to direct manager and/or business unit leadership, as appropriate.
- Under general supervision, work within the scope of established guidelines and practices and consult with senior staff where clarification or exception to policy may be required.
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities.
- Ability to assist with the design and implementation of a risk framework and governance structure within Global Process Delivery.
- Ability to support the design and implementation of operational practices in execution of corporate policies.
- 1-2 years of experience, preferably within financial services, accounting, audit, or risk; knowledge of Global Process Delivery and/or other State Street business units a plus.
- Strong communications skills (both written and oral) ability to interact effectively across all levels of management within Global Process Delivery and throughout the organization.
- Must be data driven with an analytical and inquisitive mindset.
- Self-motivated individual, who enjoys undertaking challenges, can assimilate information quickly and contribute to outlining action plans and recommendations in a complex and changing environment.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.