State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Fund Accounting Team Supervisor, Senior Associate
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-604501
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose Of Role:
To supervise the NAV accounting process in accordance with internal controls and procedures.
- Supervise the daily accounting process
- Supervise the daily position and P&L reconciliation review
- Assist in preparation of Dealing Date NAV packs
- Opportunity to work with complex financial instruments
- Assist in semi-annual & annual audits
- Provide excellent client service
- Assist team development
- During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
Specific Qualifications/ Skills:
- Highly numerate
- IT Literate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines
Level Of Education:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area (minimum 2.2 honors degree).
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA qualified or part qualified an advantage.
Previous Level Of Experience:
- Minimum 2 years in Fund Accounting (preferably Hedge fund experience).
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail crucial
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written
- Methodical and organized
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good management skills
- Excellent English
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.