State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
SSgA State Street ETF Model Portfolio – Research Strategist
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-603903
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
- Assist clients in understanding the impact of utilizing SPDR ETF strategies in their portfolios
- Generate quantitative analytics and write papers/commentary to support use of ETFs in a portfolio context
- Conduct investment research, taking into account financial market conditions, competitor analysis, asset class characteristics, portfolio construction and positioning
- Produce routine analytics on asset allocation and macroeconomics to support SPDR ETFs
- Direct research support for marketing, sales and client service efforts
- Provide investment support for the creation and updating of sales and marketing collateral
- Present research findings effectively both internally and externally
- Participate in model validation, maintenance, and infrastructure monitoring
- Deliver portfolio analytics and investment analysis to clients
- Quantitative analytics
- Papers/commentary to support use of ETFs in a portfolio
- Investment research
- Custom client analytics
- Case studies on portfolio construction utilizing SPDR ETFs
As a Senior Analyst you will be responsible for portfolio analytics, portfolio optimizations and trading simulations.
We are seeking individuals with experiences in areas of Finance, Applied Mathematics, or Economics with a specialization in investment management. Experience with research and modeling within the context of multi-asset class portfolios is preferred. As a potential candidate, you are expected to have experience in quantitative analysis: forecasting models, portfolio construction, risk management, and trading using a variety of advanced quantitative techniques. You should be able to work well in a team and feel comfortable presenting research findings.
Work Parameters Or Boundaries:
Internal State Street Poland procedures & regulations
Performance Planning and Review System (PPR)
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
The candidate should possess good mathematical, decision-making and communication skills.
- 3 to 10 years of experience (depends on seniority) preferably in multi-asset, asset allocation, macroeconomic research or quantitative research areas.
- Strong statistical and financial modeling skills.
- Good understanding in the financial market and various asset classes
- Desire to develop understanding global ETF landscape and the SPDR ETF business
- Strong programming skills (Matlab (required), SQL, Excel, VBA)
- Experience with financial software (FactSet, Bloomberg, Datastream)
- Previous experience with ETFs is desirable, but not necessary
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to use initiative, demonstrate flexibility and think creatively to solve problems
- Ability to prioritize workload and work to tight deadlines
- Absolute attention to detail and high degree of accuracy when working under pressure
Critical Behaviors for Success as defined by the PPR System at Core level
- Good numerical and analytical abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written
- Team player
- Very good English
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.