State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
SSgA State Street ETF Model Portfolio – Research Analyst
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-603901
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
The role of the State Street ETF Model Portfolio – Research Analyst is to contribute to developing bespoke research and support to the Global SPDR Business with a specific focus on:
- Strategic research efforts
- Quantitative and qualitative research and analysis
- Ad Hoc Team Support
- Generate quantitative analytics and write papers/commentary to support use of ETFs in a portfolio context
- Preparation of custom client presentations, research findings summaries and other deliverables including responses to ad hoc queries
- Conduct investment research, taking into account financial market conditions, competitor analysis, asset class characteristics, portfolio construction and positioning
- Produce routine analytics on asset allocation and macroeconomics to support SPDR ETFs
- Develop case studies around the construction of portfolios utilizing SPDR Portfolio ETFs
- Develop and maintain knowledge of markets, portfolio construction techniques, portfolio manager thinking and positioning and benchmarks
- Quantitative analytics
- Papers/commentary to support use of ETFs in a portfolio
- Investment research
- Custom client analytics
- Case studies on portfolio construction utilizing SPDR ETFs
We are seeking individuals with experiences in areas of Finance, Applied Mathematics, or Economics with a specialization in investment management. Experience with research and modeling within the context of multi-asset class portfolios is preferred. As a potential candidate, you are expected to have experience in quantitative analysis: forecasting models, portfolio construction, risk management, and trading using a variety of advanced quantitative techniques. You should be able to work well in a team and feel comfortable presenting research findings.
Work Parameters Or Boundaries:
Internal State Street Poland procedures & regulations
Performance Planning and Review System (PPR)
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
The candidate should possess good mathematical, decision-making and communication skills.
- Desire to develop understanding global ETF landscape and the SPDR ETF business
- Previous experience with ETFs is desirable, but not necessary
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work effectively in a team, providing support as required
- Ability to use initiative, demonstrate flexibility and think creatively to solve problems
- Ability to prioritize workload and work to tight deadlines
- Absolute attention to detail and high degree of accuracy when working under pressure
- Commitment to further study and qualifications (preferably CFA or studying for CFA designation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, VBA and PowerPoint
- Awareness or risks associated with investing
- Maintaining knowledge of market and economic issues
Computer literacy and analytical skills are essential.
Critical Behaviors for Success as defined by the PPR System at Core level
- Good numerical and analytical abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written
- Team player
- Very good English
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.