State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Learning Tech & Curation Lead, Assistant Vice President
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-605254
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Grow your career at State Street
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. We’re a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have – on our clients, our communities and each other.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
Purpose of Role:
Manage the technology landscape of State Street Learning, from introducing new and innovative technologies to managing the day-to-day operations and support of existing technologies. Review existing technologies and make optimization decisions. Develop and execute the learning portfolio curation strategy in collaboration with the Learning Management team. Create guidelines that help determine the most relevant content for the learners and determine the best content-platform fit for curated content.
As a member of the global Learning Management Team, the Learning Tech & Curation Lead actively participates in setting the direction of the function. Oversee the execution of the strategic Learning plan and ensures alignment of technology and content to the objectives and priorities.
The role will interact closely with other Learning functions including; Operations & Admin, Learning Consultants, HR Business partners and Global Programs to ensure that technology is successfully implemented and is meeting the needs of learning. Will also interact with State Street IT for IT support and adoption of new technologies.
- Develop technology strategy. Partner with the Chief Learning Officer to establish the enterprise wide approach to learning technology.
- Be a thought leader for learning technology. Stay abreast of emerging learning technology and best practices. Champion the use of innovative technologies for Learning at State Street. Research and develop innovative and impactful technologies to support learning strategies.
- Manage the learner experience with technology. Support the required infrastructure, tools, and integrations to promote a technology-enabled learning culture.
- Support the administration of learning technology. Manage the day-to-day ongoing operations, maintenance, usage, analysis, reporting, integration and administration of the learning technologies.
- Determine strategy for learning portfolio curation, based on input from the Learning Management Team.
- Establish structure, governance, and context to curate content that will be most relevant and valuable to the organization and learner.
- Deliver content in an organized and meaningful manner with the help of defined processes.
- Drive learner experience via identification, filtering and sharing relevant content across multiple tools & platforms.
- Involve internal stakeholders and external information in the curation process to offer customized and vetted selection of the most effective and relevant resources.
- Create a curation mind-set where everyone shares and curates information in the organization, and employees feel empowered to seek credible content that is relevant and customized to their needs.
- Represent Learning IT perspective with the global State Street IT organization.
- Ensure proper governance and budget discipline including adhering to the Learning organization’s vendor management practices.
- Collaborate with other leaders. Develop and maintain strong relationships with technology groups across Global Human Resources and State Street to share best practices and develop a strategy for integrations.
- Actively contribute to global learning initiatives and projects.
The Learning organization has embarked on transformational change that will both impact those responsible for learning activities, as well as employees across the organization. As such, roles and responsibilities will need to be fluid to meet the demand as the org model is being redesigned.
To be successful in this role, your experience should include:
- Degree level qualification or relevant professional qualification
- Broad experience in the Learning technology space, preferable in Financial Institutions
- Practical, proven experience with modern learning technologies and methods is required.
- Business Acumen: Knowledge of business-critical activities and alignment to learning solutions.
- Adult Learning theory and practice: Advanced experience in applying concepts and practices of adult learning to meet the dynamic needs of the business.
- Knowledge Management: Familiarity with processes and tools for capturing, organizing, and using individual and organizational intellectual assets in support of content curation.
- Strong project management skills, ability to oversee and run projects on a regional and global scale. Strategic and tactical planning experience.
- Strong change management skills, ability to manage transformation, drive change, and communicate effectively with stakeholders and learning team members about technology and content.
- Strategic, creative and analytical thinking combined with pragmatic approach and a bias for action.
- Exceptional interpersonal, influencing, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong people management skills and ability to build strong partnerships across business leads as well as the broader State Street IT organization.
- In depth understanding and empathy in working across cultures.
This role requires a high calibre learning technology professional with broad managerial experience. A positive can-do attitude and ability to navigate ambiguity will be key success factors
Ability to apply and leverage technology while working across regions and functions are critical elements of the role.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.