State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
EMEA ICG Business Controls Officer-1
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-605234
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is a global leader in institutional asset management, entrusted with more than $2.4 trillion in assets. For more than three decades, sophisticated investors worldwide have benefited from our focused, precise investment process and powerful global platform offering access to every major asset class, capitalization range and style across the indexing and active spectrums. Our mission, plain and simple, is helping our clients achieve financial security. Since this means something different for each investor, we devote significant time up front to thoroughly understand their specific needs, and then apply our experience and intellectual rigor across a broad toolkit to develop and manage thoughtful, targeted solutions aimed at ensuring their success. The firm employs more than 2,200 people globally in 17 countries, and has nine investment centres across the Americas, Europe and Asia.
SSGA is the investment management arm of State Street Corporation, one of the world’s leading providers of financial services to institutions.
SSGA’s EMEA Institutional Client Group (ICG) is responsible for all institutional client facing activities in the EMEA, including new business development, client service and on-boarding. This team includes over 100 individuals across our DB, DC, Global Cash and Official Institutions Group businesses.
In this role you will work with our ICG Head of Business Controls to develop and maintain an infrastructure to support governance responsibilities within ICG. You will have the opportunity to help craft our ongoing business processes and participate in efforts to continuously improve and evolve our operating framework.
Key Responsibilities include:
·Develop calendar of governance activities and training programmes
·Maintain, update and revise written processes and procedures for EMEA ICG
- Assist in testing of controls and support the EMEA ICG controls framework
- Handle error reporting and client communication
- Run various monitoring activities and review, assess and report policy/procedure breaches and near-misses, and lead, implement and/or develop remediation
- Own the review of marketing material in compliance with internal controls framework
- Ensure that information on meaningful regulatory developments and their impact is disseminated across the team including training programmes
- Provide insight on industry standard methodology on regulatory and governance matters and assisting in resolving sales practice-related issues
- Assist with the administration and implementation of internal controls framework, working in collaboration with RMs/AEs, Legal and Compliance teams and other partners
- Provide support for the continuous improvement of controls related to SSGA’s compliance oversight and operational risk management programs, including assisting in the completion of assigned regulatory risk assessment activities and review of all supervisory programs, and other key projects
- 2-3 years of compliance and/or risk experience required
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Authority with database technology and Microsoft Office
- Creative and upbeat with strong work ethic and intellectually curious
- Strong organizational skills and detail-orientation
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.