State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Global Operations Tax Specialist, Associate 2
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-599389
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose of Role:
The personis responsible for the processing of several functions aimed at ensuring proper servicing and operational execution of all custody tax responsibilities. The role requires a good understanding of tax complexities, State Street systems and risk mitigation.
- Perform assigned daily custody tax tasks in a deadline and regulatory driven environment
- Perform daily tasks in line with internal controls for all assigned processes
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery, carry out corrective action and escalate as necessary
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and functions as and when required
- Provide coaching and support to junior team members
Level of Education/ Specific Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or related field.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 1.5 – 2 years in custody tax environment.
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem resolution skills
- Highly computer literate
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.