State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Financial Reporting Operations Specialist, Senior Associate
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-606188
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Under supervision of a Team Supervisor or Manager, the Operations Specialist will engage in various projects, special analysis and initiatives relating to technical aspects of the business.
- Assist Financial Reporting Supervisor and teams to ensure all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
- Participate as technical SME in the development, testing and implementation of new systems to increase productivity through the usage of information systems and other tools.
- Contribute to analysis and planning of financial reporting Operating Model with the aim of standardizing processes and establishing best practice.
- Act as central point of contact for technical issues encountered in the daily business in order to reduce to a minimum the number of queries to the recipient (Donor Site). Track issue trends and escalate as needed.
- Provide technical and planning support for new business transitions to Poland. Ensure proper governance and controls are in place. Perform post-transition analysis to identify process gaps.
- Take a leading role in the review of corporate documentation of processes, procedures and controls. Evaluate their continuing effectiveness and accuracy. Initiate remedial action as necessary. Ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures.
- Analyze and adapt to new accounting and financial reporting standards in cooperation with the Customer (Donor Site)
- Take responsibility for work allocation and its execution by coordinating the daily work of Financial Reporting Accountants.
- Ensure all the knowledge and process gaps are communicated to the team supervisor and suggest process improvements.
- Numeracy / Literacy skills.
- Excellent English.
- Accuracy and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing.
- Have a thorough understanding of basic accounting principles
- Have an enquiring mind and a willingness to investigate and solve problems
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.