Finance Process Owner (PO) teams play critical role in World Class Finance change. They are driving E2E thinking sitting at the heart of digital transformation. It is particularly important in Tax area, as both compliance processes, MIT (Manage Indirect Tax) & MDT (Manage Direct Tax) are highly dependent on transactional and financial data generated by Group businesses and Finance processes.
Tax PO team has a great track record of delivering, jointly with FO Tax Operations, top-quartile process effectiveness & securing business license to operate responding to increasingly growing tax authorities demands. With solid foundations in place, the team is focusing on its Integrated Process Plan (IPP) targets: Operational efficiency; Demand management; Low Cost Automation and Transformational process transformation.
The Tax Process Excellence Manager role is critical to Tax PO team success. Process Excellence Managers will lead achieving expected level of strategic performance against the 3-year IPP, particularly ensuring optimization of handoffs with business, finance & external partners, driving agile response to rapidly changing external requirements and delivering tax compliance transformational automation, clearing the path towards new generation of operations: Tax Control Room overseeing automated compliance process.
The Process Excellence Manager will work closely together with internal & external stakeholders from various in-country, Process Owners and Finance Operations teams to drive and support process excellence across process/organisational boundaries, executing full accountability/responsibility for assigned Tax sub-process. The Manager will drive and ensure development and implementation of strategic initiatives aligned with the changing external landscape around digitisation. This will include responsibility for defining data quality standards & critical tax data management and excellent integration & interfaces with other process.
The Process Excellence Manager will execute on Tax PO behalf full responsibility for designated Tax sub-process including responsibility for processes/roles/controls/systems excellence, including enhancement of current end-2-end process/data standardisation and digitalization.
Tax Process Excellence Manager will build and further enhance (where applicable) the support model for Tax and support (as design SME) resolving process related questions/issues escalated by Senior Process Experts/Process Experts. It will also include validating and supporting approval of process improvement change requests, involvement in ERP program implementations, and participation in process area continuous improvements and strategic initiatives across Shell.
The main accountabilities and activities include:
- Act as Process Owner deputy in area delegated by Tax PO
- Develop/enhance the tax process, systems and data excellence plan; deliver tax process, systems and data excellence in cooperation with a large team of tax professionals, process experts, process operators and automation experts working on tax processes across Shell
- Supporting Process Owners/Executives efforts to assess and improve data, process execution, performance and/or design within the tax compliance process
- Ensuring timely response/resolution of issues and/or managing escalation when needed
- Ensuring the resolution of cross process issues and/or organizational boundaries
- Assisting Process Owner and Process Managers and other processes in identifying and prioritizing process, systems and data enhancements and continuous improvement opportunities
- Ensuring resolution of process, systems and data related issues escalated from Process Executive, Process Owner, Process Managers, Senior Process Experts or Process Experts
- Integrate with IT and Data to understand potential solution options, testing considerations, integration, cross-process data improvements etc.
- Maintain close contact with Senior Process Experts and/or Process Experts supporting process area to gather enhancement opportunities, help resolve complex problems, prioritise enhancements and issues, and communication of changes.
- Participation in CI sponsored projects as necessary
Tax PO team is accountable for global Tax compliance processes managed by 600 FTEs, submitting 40k returns/report & 20k payments per year and maintain total tax payments of USD 60b.
The PO team owns 130 Tax IT applications, supports over 30 various ERPs & connected applications and maintains numerous engagements with external partners (vendors, advisors and process excellence teams from other multinationals).
Each Process Excellence Manager need to pro-actively drive end-2-end process/data/systems responsibilities related to assigned Tax sub-process, including delegated ownership of respective Tax IT applications
Tax PO team is part of Finance Operations Tax organisation and is managed by Tax Process Owner. Tax PO-1 includes Tax Process Excellence Managers & Tax PMO, responsible for respective Tax compliance sub-processes. Tax Process Excellence Managers are supported by Tax PO-2 organisation with Tax Process Experts, Senior Tax Process Experts and some dedicated Experts for Payments & Reporting)
The Process Excellence Manager role is a global role, of team lead character, requiring strong teamwork attitude. It requires pro-active interactions with representatives of onshore and offshore organizations on very senior levels, with a need to influence them (without formal reporting line) to drive & ensure compliance with Tax requirements.
The incumbent needs to deal well with constant change, have courage to challenge, be comfortable with uncertainty and be able to manage deep understanding of details with ability to explain complex bigger picture to very senior/non-Tax partners & stakeholders. This is a fast paced, challenging and complex assignment.
The individual will play a key role in helping Tax PO delivering IPP objectives and managing effectively PO team performance. He/she must ensure that the business and Tax Operations fully understand the E2E processes related to tax and help drive change for added value and benefit realisation. Therefore, it is expected that the post holder develops strong network and expertise to effectively manage key integration points with other processes.
Due to the virtual nature of direct reports team & wider partners network the individual is expected to demonstrate strong enterprise first behaviours and excellent interpersonal & team leadership skills; will have to exhibit extensive cooperation/collaboration capabilities across entire PO Leadership & wider organization and ability to work with minimum supervision; will play critical role in driving, as part of PO Leadership Team & executing delegated PO deputy responsibilities, acceleration of Tax Digital Roadmap delivery and ensuring Tax readiness for Group digital developments; will play an active role in driving complex Tax compliance transformational automations with numerous opportunities to acquire & expand digitally focused skills & capabilities.
This is a challenging role which will suit energetic, proactive individuals looking to build on their experience and gain a broader perspective of Shell Businesses and global operations. The successful individual will gain first-hand experience in managing Team of senior process excellence experts, delivering complex changes within the business, participating in Tax/Global automation projects and exposure to interactions with stakeholders on various levels of seniority, with numerous opportunities to expand in-depth future-oriented technical (e.g. digital) and leadership skills (e.g. driving change & influencing, leading without formal reporting line). Strong ability to manage stakeholders, with good planning and effective meeting preparation and management skills strongly required
For this position we are looking for someone with a strong skills and knowledge of:
- Degree in Finance, Accountancy, Chartered Accountant preferred
- At least 12 years' business experience in MIT, MDT, R&A, AP, MHI, IT or Finance
- System knowledge of GSAP, SERP, Blueprint, Trading, Tax applications or low-cost-automation (LCA) technics preferred
- Tax (e.g. VAT, WHT, Excise Duties, Direct Tax and Reporting) experience preferred
- Strong understanding of the current end-2-end standard process in Tax and/or connected processes
- Strong, quick learning capability
- Digitally savvy
- Excellent team management skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Effective influencing skills, excellent senior stakeholder management
- Excellent strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking
- Exhibits excellent communications/stakeholder engagement skills, both written and oral
- Generate own improvement ideas and initiatives, develop plans and delivers through others
- Exhibits strong teamwork skills
During critical periods, such as changes of tax rates, other tax legislation or major system changes, Tax Process Expert may be required to be on call outside business hours to address urgent support issues.
Number of Vacancies: 1
Benefits of working at Shell:
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Utwórz powiadomienie, a informacje o nowych ofertach pracy spełniających Twoje kryteria otrzymasz mailowo.
Dziękujemy za utworzenie powiadomienia. Nowe oferty pracy spełniające ustawione przez Ciebie kryteria będą przesyłane na Twój adres e-mail.
Zamknij okno, aby wrócić do poprzedniej strony.