State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Finance Director, Vice President
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-605990
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose Of Role:
- Serve as a Legal Entity Financial Controller for two Poland based entities – State Street Bank International GmbH Poland Branch (Co 2027) and State Street Global Advisors GmbH Poland Branch (Co 2354). This includes:
- Act as key interface for external stakeholders such as external auditors & local regulators related to financial matters
- Act as a Finance Business Partner, first Finance point of contact for Poland Senior Management, Business Unit Heads and Corporate Functions locally
- Ensure completeness, accuracy and integrity of legal entity financial results under both local GAAP, German GAAP and US GAAP
- Conduct analysis of variances and investigation of root causes
- Coordinate preparation of statutory legal entity annual financial statements in accordance with Polish accounting standards, provide the descriptive part of the annual financial report
- Be responsible for the coordination and completion of statutory audits.
- Review and monitor all local regulatory returns.
- Prepare Legal entity reporting, board reporting, finance packs etc.
- Review and provide local Finance sign-off for NBPRA, GTRAs and other proposals of new products / services requiring involvement of the Polish entities
- Work with the Business to ensure the effectiveness of controls that affect financial reporting
- Participate in various projects, as and when required. Those projects can include Legal Entity Controlling projects related to other State Street entities and branches. The Poland LEC team also performs Legal Entity Controlling tasks for the Amsterdam branch of SSBIG
- Cooperate with GAO, Corp Tax and FP&A teams on matters related to Poland financial results
- Represent Finance in relevant governance committees such as Branch Monthly Governance Meeting , Risk Committee, Poland Weekly Management meeting etc.
- Review, sign-off and submit the tax returns (annual CIT, monthly VAT returns and others)
- Manage the local Controllership team (1-2 employees)
- Serve as a local manager (matrix reporting line) for approx. 11 Finance staff in Poland (GAO, Corp Tax, Financial Forecasting, LEC)
- Fluency in English, Polish language skills is a plus
- Very good numerical and analytical skills
- Very good working knowledge of Excel
- Good working knowledge of Power Point
- Very good self and team time management skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills as well as task hierarchy set up skills
- Ability to observing and preventing potential issues; being proactive
- Master Degree in Finance, Accountancy or Business related degree [certified qualification like: ACCA, CIMA, CPA, etc. will be an asset]
- Professional experience in accountancy.
- Documented experience in people management.
- Knowledge of relevant Polish regulations or willingness to obtain such knowledge
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.