Risk Internship Opportunities
About Credit SuisseCredit Suisse is a leading wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities and strong presence in our home market Switzerland. We seek to follow a balanced approach to wealth management, aiming to capitalize on the large pool of wealth within mature markets as well as the significant growth in wealth in Asia Pacific and other emerging markets. Founded in 1856, we today have a global reach with operations in over 50 countries and more than 45'000 employees from over 150 different nations.
The Risk function acts as guardian of the bank's risk appetite and provides effective and independent risk oversight in such aspects as:
- Challenging and engaging with the business in crafting its risk profile, strengthening the first Line of Defense (LoD) and aligning its strategy execution with shareholders' and regulatory requirements
- Maintaining a comprehensive bank-wide risk appetite framework
- Positioning Risk function as competent, reliable and challenging counterpart vis-à-vis regulatory authorities globally
- Providing our partners with clarity on all risk-related matters and ensuring timely assessment and issue
Risk teams based in Wroclaw focus on various risk aspects including: Credit and Market Risk Reporting, Credit Risk Scenarios, Fiduciary Risk Management, CRO Change, Credit Risk Management, Market and Liquidity Risk Management and Quantitative Strategies. If you would like to find out more about the teams, contact us.
About the Internship
Our Internship Program begins each year in May and lasts for 3 months.
- It is a paid, flexible working-time program.
- It offers you a rare chance to gain experience in an international company and broaden your financial knowledge. During this period you will receive a set of trainings from your team, and we will familiarize you with all the systems and risk-related topics
- A specially delegated person from the team (Buddy) will help you with any issues you may have.
- You will be able to take part in one of the philanthropic events of your choice by the Charity Day event.
- After a successful completion of the Internship and receiving positive feedback we will invite you to join our Risk Graduate Program (details of the Program can be found in another leaflet).
What We Look For
While our employees have a wide range of experience, interests and degrees, they also share a desire to develop, and achieve their goals. Join us, if you find finance interesting and also if you are:
- An open team member able to build a network
- A fine communicator who also has the ability to listen
- Good in analytical and logical thinking
- Comfortable to use MS Office software, especially Microsoft Excel
- Interested in learning more about risk-related topics
- For some roles, VBA and or SQL knowledge can be a great plus
- You are available for 30-40 hours per week
- Graduate in 2019
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.