State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Depositary Team Leader, Senior Associate
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-607083
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
The core function of depositary services is overseeing the assets and operations of the client under regulations of UCITSV and AIFMD.
Role: Depositary Team Leader
In the role of Depositary Team Leader, Senior Associate you will be responsible for first line managing the Depositary Team. In order to efficiently and effectively manage the operations, the Team Manager focusses in particular on the following:
The Team Leader sets the operational goals for the team as a whole, and the operational and personal development goals for the individual team members. This includes:
- Assigning and communicating responsibilities within the team.
- Managing the work flow of the team.
- Setting clear, realistic, and challenging PPR goals for Team Members.
Observing and supporting
The Team Leader observes the status of the operations and provides additional management attention whenever needed. This includes:
- Quality controlling the work conducted both in terms of quantity (finishing the daily tasks) and quality (outcome of the work). Focus points for quality control are: timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of work conducted.
- Hosting regular one-on-one meetings with Team Members, providing feedback, and give or arrange coaching for Team Members where necessary.
- Hosting bi-annual PPR reviews. Describe the witnessed development of the team member and agree on the focus points for the coming months.
Risk management and management information
The Team Leader manages the risks within the team, on an operational and a human resources level. The Team Leader keeps the Department Head informed of problems and successes within the Depositary Team. This includes:
- Conducting resolution sessions with team members when needed due to quality of work or communication style issues.
- Meeting with the Department Head on a weekly basis and assuring that after this meeting, the
Department Head is aware of any issues regarding the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of all work conducted within the Depositary Team, any needs that need addressing, whether technical or staffing based.
- Prepare and plan workloads to ensure client and internal deadlines are meet
- Identifies and takes action to correct procedural weaknesses
- Act as first point of contact for general queries
- Facilitate resolution of outstanding issues and/or exceptions with other departments in respect of the unit’s work
- Monitor and document process flows and procedures
- Management of internal/external audit requests through to audit sign off.
- Determine training requirements and development activities of the team
- Oversee the mentoring and development of the team through goal and objective setting.
- Ensuring communication with appropriate contacts on outstanding items is effective in order to ensure highest standards are met Introduce and contribute new ideas/procedures to further streamline the operational process
- Ensure error reporting and mitigating actions in place.
To be successful in this role, your experience should include:
- Strong understanding of financial markets, financial instruments and products
- At least 3 years of experience in fund industry or relevant field
- Previous exposure to people management or project management with high number to stakeholders
- Experience in Custody/Depositary role is beneficial
- Academic background in related field, bachelor degree
- Excellent verbal and written English
- High interpersonal skills, great communication skills, able to share technical knowledge and negotiate with stakeholders
- Great Team player
Employee savings plan
Premium life insurance package
VIP medical package
International operating environment
Soft skills trainings
Development sessions with a mentor
Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
Technical or leadership career pathway
Grow your career at State Street
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. We’re a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have – on our clients, our communities and each other.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.