State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Derivatives Business Analyst – implementation, Senior Associate
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-606547
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose of Role:
Overviewing and providing financial derivatives processes for Derivatives Centre of Excellence. The applicant is responsible for supervising services provided by the business groups headed by Derivatives Managers, ensuring operational projects administration and execution, as well as identification of potential risk areas. Strong analytical and client servicing skills are required.
- Providing support Global COE business teams in a variety of client and business strategic initiatives. Ensuring detailed governance is applied and documented on all initiatives. Applying best practice in communication and escalation of any items identified through the initiative lifecycle. Working with department management to ensure the team has the right resources, including staff, IT, financial and oversight functions to operate effectively.
- Ensures that the business operates in compliance with internal and external regulations and that escalation procedures are followed.
- Works as a team in conducting periodic business reviews ensuring associated risks are identified and managed and appropriate remedial action is taken where appropriate.
- Develops and maintains cross-dept and divisional relationships to better facilitate the assignment and resolution of departmental issues.
- Carries out assignments under self-direction and creatively overcomes roadblocks
- Develops or implements needed solutions without waiting for direction or leadership role to be assigned
- Represents department and teams in cross-departmental or cross-divisional meetings.
- Develop and build up a strong relationship with internal and external clients.
- Delegates, overviews and carries out daily responsibilities independently.
- Holds self and/or others accountable for achieving agreed-upon commitments, deadlines, or milestones.
- Clearly communicates complex operational or technical subjects to internal or external clients, both in formal and informal settings.
- Viewed by subordinates, superiors, and external clients as demonstrating maturity, professional conduct and common courtesy.
- Awareness of activities, impacts budgets, costs, and schedules. Responsible for recommending changes in guidelines, procedure, and policies: faulty decisions or failure to achieve results will cause delays and result in additional expenditure of time, human resources, and funds.
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- Confident in dealing with all situations; Excellent Communication; Organisational and Report Writing skills; Proficient in the use of MS Office tools including Word and Excel.
- Primary Degree or a Professional or Accounting qualification or equivalent.
- 3+ years working in the provision of fund administration services or have worked in another aspect of the Financial Services Industry for a number of years.
Required Personnel Attributes:
- Exercise sound judgment in all matters
- Leverage knowledge and technology to ensure optimal results
- Drive execution of all client and business related tasks
- Provide outstanding service to all client/s - internally & externally
- Communicate effectively at all levels within the organization
- Display organizational insight & influence
- Foster collaboration & team work
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.