State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
PERE Senior Associate GFS-3
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-566909
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
This supervisory position is within the Private Equity Fund Administration Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Services Group, working specifically with Real Estate and Direct Funds.
Fund Admin Manager, Sr. Assc interacts with all levels of professionals both internally and the home site, but with no client contact. This then requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and simultaneously handle multiple assignments. The Fund Admin Manager, Sr. Assc is responsible to supervise and direct the day-to-day accounting and administration for several client sponsored investment funds.
- Supervision of all subordinate staff levels including Associate 1 and Associate 2
- Manage internal workflow to ensure internal processing and client deadlines are met
- Manage client expectations with both designated client contacts and fund investors, as necessary Review quarterly and annual financial work papers including portfolio schedules, accruals and partner capital allocations
- Review and/or prepare capital call and distribution calculations; related notices to investors Review periodic bank and cash reconciliations and post journal entries
- Review quarterly management fee calculations
- Review and/or preparation of waterfall calculations and capital account allocations
- Review limited partnership agreements and offering memoranda to ensure all accounting procedures and calculations are consistent with the fund’s governing documents
- Maintain working relationship with all home site contacts and participate in planning of training to address issues
- Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals.
- Ensure all processes are in line with the SLA and escalate if necessary
- Participate in special client or internal projects as required
- Candidates must have a college degree (accounting degree strongly preferred; business, mathematics, finance or economics degree required) and 5 or more years of previous accounting experience, including 2 to 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Specific experience in the private equity industry is a plus, but not required.
- Strong computer skills are required, Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel.
Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.