Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting for Investor Services Senior Risk Manager to join our Krakow risk team. In this role you will be responsible for the maintenance of the risk and control best practices and operational risk management business model that incorporates proactive identification, assessment, monitoring, measurement, and mitigation of operational risks. You will assist the Head of Investor Services Risk Management, the Partner responsible for Investor Services and the Investor Services Leadership Team in understanding and responding to risk matters in a timely manner. As a risk management subject matter expert, you will also provide analysis and support to the operation areas in assessing their risk profile.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Review/Assess new products, services, asset classes, and operating models and their overall impact on the risk profile of Investor Services; work closely with OGC, Compliance and other LOB Risk functions to ensure that risk profiles are in line with BBH firm-wide risk appetite.
- Assist Investor Services management in assessing the risk and control profile of their business.
- Lead and perform targeted risk and control reviews of operational processes and workflows; Provide advice and actionable recommendations to Investor Services Management to assist in maintaining a strong risk and control structure.
- Leverage existing risk management tools, such as the Incident Database, E&O database and Risk and Control Self Assessment database, to assist in causal analysis of risk matters/incidents. Monitor and track corrective action plans, analyze trends and assess root causes of logged incidents.
- Work with the business to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the Risk and Control Self Assessment results and gaps.
- Provide support to Investor Services with respect to control enhancements and process improvements, and participate in integration and implementation of proposed solutions.
- Provide subject matter expertise during clients and prospects due diligence visits.
- Actively participate in various management and oversight committees (e.g., SDOC, SDLT, Risk Focus Group, NSWG, NBRG, NPLP); Conduct detailed research and investigation to respond to issues raised at such committee meetings.
- Ongoing interaction with partners and senior managers to discuss risk-related matters.
- Present periodically risk management updates to partners and senior management.
- Provide regular risk management training to Investor Services employees.
- Effectively manage the local risk management team.
- Provide ongoing feedback and coaching to staff to improve individual and team performance.
- Manage performance issues and disciplinary process for employees failing to meet team expectations.
- Interact with regulators, external/internal auditors, compliance, industry groups, vendors and/or other networks
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in risk management, operations, external/internal audit or a related discipline in the financial services industry.
- Professional certification (CPA, CIA) is considered as an advantage.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentations.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship, collaboration, and influencing skills.
- Strong listening, investigative, analytical, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to mentor and assist staff in skill development.
- Excellent risk identification, assessment, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge and appreciation of business concepts and requirements as applicable to a multi-faceted financial services organization.
- Knowledge of relevant legal and compliance regulations affecting the financial industry is considered as an advantage.
What We Offer:
- Be a member of a global team, a collaborative environment that enables you to work on multiple levels and products
- Direct access to information, subject matter experts and senior management across all business areas globally
- Ability to support shape the risk management framework
- Opportunities to grow your expertise and skills
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health and financial security
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others