State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Collateral Team Supervisor, Senior Associate
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-607556
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Collateral management main focus is to reduce credit risk by exchanging eligible cash or securities between counterparties. The daily calculations are based on MTM of the underlying trades and results in sending Margin Calls, which in turn lead to agreeing transfers. Based on the agreements between our clients and the counterparties the Collateral team in Kraków ensures that all the exposures are fully collateralized and the agreed collateral transactions settle as agreed.
- Oversee and manage the team to ensure all tasks are completed accurately and within deadlines.
- Project management and execution of transition activity
- Prepare and plan workloads to ensure client and internal deadlines are met
- Identify and take action to correct procedural weaknesses
- Communicate progress on pending project
- Act as first point of contact for general queries
- Facilitate resolution of outstanding issues and/or exceptions with other departments in respect of the unit’s work
- Monitor and document process flows and procedures
- Manage internal/external audit requests through to audit sign off
- Determine training requirements and development activities of the team
- Maintain and foster a team environment
- Ensure communication with appropriate contacts on outstanding items is effective in order to keep highest standards
- Introduce and contribute new ideas/procedures to further streamline the operational process
- Participate in regular calls with cooperating departments, donor site
- Ensure error reporting and mitigating actions in place
Level Of Education:
Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area, ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA qualified or part qualified an advantage
Previous Level Of Experience: Minimum 2 years in Custody or associated business area.
- Communicate effectively and accurately in English,; German is a plus
- Strong leadership, management, and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good management skills
- Self- motivated, flexible, personable
- Good working knowledge of software packages, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Good interpersonal skills and an understanding of the rudimentary aspects of the global financial industry and also to Collateral Management would be advantageous
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.