State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Senior IT Automation Specialist, Senior Associate
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-607558
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
A talented and self-driven individual able to develop automated solutions like Excel and Access macros in VBA and .Net VB, SQL, Python solutions. The individual will be required to manage and provide estimates for requests in the development queue and perform tests on the solutions built. An individual with a positive attitude to learn new development standards and skills is key to this position.
- Develop and maintain ongoing automation initiatives.
- Maintaining existing code base and solutions.
- Perform Project Analysis of requirements received for each development effort.
- Manage a list of development efforts over a dispersed number of business areas.
- Engage the existing development resources to ensure best practices are being applied and or promote new best practices.
- Manage/maintain oversight of the promotion and demonstration of strategic initiatives assigned to the team.
- Continually review and redefine development processes e.g. learn new methods.
- Prepare relevant project documentation according to agreed standards.
- Provide regular status reporting to the project/program leads and management.
- Track, manage and escalate issues and risks.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time.
- Conduct adhoc reports, administration, projects and tasks as required.
- Very good English
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- 5-plus years’ experience of concentrated use of Microsoft Office products
- 3-plus years’ experience in VBA macros development and/or Python and/or SQL programming
- Experience in Financial Services is a plus
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Familiarity of Agile development methods
- Any other programming language knowledge would be a plus (i.e. C#, Java).
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, time management skills.
- Be a team player by working with other team members to deliver work within agreed deadlines.
- Communicate effectively with others and conduct research where required.
- Proactively resolve inquiries and exceptions on a case-by-case basis.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.