Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
The Client Service Supervisor – Account Opening serves as a primary contact for Custody clients and provides timely and accurate resolution of client inquiries. S/he plans and coordinates work within the team to ensure that the team provides exceptional levels of service to all clients. S/he participates in the training and development of less experienced staff, acts as an escalation point for complex issues and represents Custody on client and internal projects. The Client Service Supervisor reports to the Team Leader.
1. Client Servicing and Account Opening:
- Field and respond to client inquiries and escalated issues and serve as the point person for senior level client contacts.
- Coordinate and follow up on client meetings and deliverables.
- Use knowledge of BBH products and services to research, analyze and resolve client inquiries.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external clients with regard to daily account opening inquiries.
- Develop key internal relationships to proactively aid in the resolution of client issues.
2. Global Custody:
- Ensure all required client documentation for account openings are in place and archived.
- Ensure adherence to all established procedures and controls.
- Ability to coordinate with other offices and clients located globally.
- Utilize relevant internal technological solutions to effectively and efficiently manage client inquiries and openings.
- Identify ways to improve productivity and efficiency within the department.
- Assist in the coordination of new business and product implementations and conversions.
- Ability to contribute to automation and process improvement efforts.
- Participate in the interview and selection process for job applicants, and assist new staff members in learning job specific tasks.
- Conduct annual performance appraisals and provide regular feedback based on goals for direct reports.
- BS/BA degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years related experience.
- Prior experience working in a client servicing focused work environment.
- Fluency in English written and spoken
- Working knowledge of corporate actions, global markets and investment types.
- Ability to prioritize and quickly resolve client needs.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments and work quickly and accurately in a deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both verbal and written skills.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Excel.
- Technical proficiency in internal and/or web based systems a plus.
- Analytical ability
- Agility and the ability to deal with rapid change, ambiguity, and complexity
- Self awareness
- Ability to collaborate effectively
- Ability to motivate, develop and coach staff and to build a team.
- Ability to take action, make decisions and meet team deliverables