Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge, that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Finance Business Analyst
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Finance Business Analyst to join our Team . In this role you will support initiatives, projects, and day to day operational issues within the Finance pillars of Controllers, Treasury, NCRM, and IRAA. You will be responsible for assisting internal business and systems teams with various aspects of the project lifecycle: analyze business processes, define product requirements and project plans, create and execute UAT, implementation planning, and post-implementation support. The analyst position requires an individual that can operate independently and as part of a larger team – supporting project leaders and other project members. As Finance Business Analyst you may support multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously and must be proficient at time management, multi-tasking and prioritizing. You will work closely with both business and systems resources developing and maintaining good relationships between both groups. You will also act as liaison, bridging and connecting interests between business and systems. The Business Analyst should either already have (or have the aptitude to learn) a technical and business skill set, and project management skills.
- Represent the Finance pillars (Controllers, Treasury, NCRM, and IRAA) on departmental and firm-wide projects.
- Assist with SDLC documentation: development of business cases, business requirements documents, risk assessment, project charters, use cases, issue logs, project status documents, scope change documents, test plans, test cases, implementation plans, etc.
- Support project plans, budgets, implementations, etc.
- Understand the project management life cycle
- Collaborate, consult and negotiate with business and systems counterparts
- Develop an ability to foresee changing business needs
- Participate in project meetings
- Actively participate in product testing across Finance and Firm initiatives
- Support of projects with occasional extended evening or weekend hours depending on the status and time table of a project/initiative.
- Support the evaluation of changing business needs on operational workflows and current product offerings
- Assist with the identification of gaps in current products or solutions and develop the capacity to propose recommendations to create new solutions to fill gaps
- Participate in discussions with end users to identify requirements related to product enhancements
- Run daily, monthly, etc. reports and processes in support of Finance
- Communicate professionally and constructively
- Keep up to date on firm wide system developments and new technologies
- Support daily ad-hoc inquires and technical issues that arise within the Finance business lines
- Provide business process support to business lines as needed
- BS/BA degree or equivalent job experience
- up to 3 years industry or project management experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Highly motivated with ability to self manage and work independently
- Willingness to work flexible and/or extended hours while working on projects with tight deadlines or during implementations
- Creative and effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Highly coachable and willing to learn new skills
What We Offer
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.