Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
As a Network Analyst you will provide technical support for all aspects of connectivity within the enterprise data communication networks. This will include network systems installation/maintenance, problem resolution, network documentation, client support, and network performance monitoring. You will work with Information Technology (IT) operations that span across multiple business functions and geographic locations.
- Monitor the operation of the network related systems to ensure proper functioning of WAN circuits, hardware and software.
- Resolution of Level1-2 network related incidents and/or escalation to Level3 support.
- Maintain technical specifications and documents, drawings, system documentation and operating procedures.
- Work with clients, vendors and carriers during problem analysis/resolution as required.
- Installation and maintenance of network related systems.
- Respond to client inquiries, escalating as needed.
- Network capacity planning and performance monitoring.
- Change and incident management.
Education level and relevant experience(s):
- Strong diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and support technical issues both remotely and on-site using standard network tools and techniques.
- Must demonstrate excellent knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies.
- Hands-on experience in the use of protocol analysis tools for data packet inspection.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science preferred, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), certificate required.
- 2+ years’ experience in installation and maintenance of complex networks.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself — without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others