State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Head of EMEA Tax Services, VP
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-608028
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Directly Responsible for entire operations within Tax Services department in Poland servicing clients form EMEA location. The department consists of almost 100 employees, therefore the head of the department should display strong leadership skills, managerial skills, ability to run large scale operations, strong change management as well as client servicing skills. Relevant industry experience is an asset.
- Develop and build up a strong relationship with internal and external clients.
- Assume senior managerial oversight of all operations conducted by the assigned team(s) in Poland.
- Ensure sufficiently trained staff is available to service the client/s and deliver quality service.
- Assume responsibility for the implementation of client specific, global and local projects (new business development review, planning & roll out).
- Conduct Performance appraisals and objective setting.
- Provide timely updates on issues and carry out necessary corrective actions.
- Manage on-going relationships with the goal of meeting / exceeding service delivery standards.
- Work to broaden scope of services in Poland to support overall European strategy.
- Represent State Street by serving on internal and external committees and industry associations.
- Evaluate current methods and strategies. Communicate and manage implementation of changes and improvements.
- Responsible for execution of overall business plan in assigned areas.
- Responsible for the direction and development of subordinate managers at all levels as well as junior staff.
- Resolve employee complaints and escalations.
- Evaluate subordinate managerial performance.
- Continually review the Operating Environment & implement improvements where necessary
- Maintain open lines of communication and ensure that regular team and 1:1 meetings are conducted across your organization
- 8+ years of managerial experience (operations and financial services)
- Experience in managing large teams and operations servicing multiple clients a must
- Fluency in oral and written English is must
- Strong time management and communication skills both written and verbal. Ability to effectively communicate on all levels.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet varying deadlines and work volumes
- Strong management and leadership skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Strong project management skills or experience
- Confident in making decisions autonomously and taking initiative
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.