Tax Team Manager's main accountabilities and activities will cover team management, coordination and ensuring a top quartile Indirect Tax Compliance process for the countries and taxes covered.
Lead a team of Indirect Tax Specialist delivering excellent Indirect Tax compliance process (by setting stretched targets, properly allocating resources, gaining commitment for delivery, coaching and managing underperformance, includes providing timely and honest performance feedback)
Develop both functional and leadership skills in the team required to support the Tax function and the business in the Indirect Tax compliance process.
Ensure succession and knowledge retention in the team.
Manage tax return and the reconciliation process.
Cooperate with the stakeholders in the area of tax and/or business changes which might have impact on the tax settlements effectively manage and develop Tax team
Supervise the Team in cooperation with F&A processes to ensure timely and accurate completion of accounting activities upon which tax returns submission depends.
Manage the Tax Team to deliver accurate and timely tax returns and corresponding tax payments.
Managing risks of non compliance in processes operated by managed team.
Driving corrective actions within the Tax department to ensure compliance of the process with local tax regulations and internal procedures (CCI, metrics reporting etc).
Identification of the problems in compliance process operated by the Tax Department and assurance that identified problems get resolved,
Managing stakeholders: identified as critical / key for the process
Understanding of the business process and correlation between the process and key indicators of the Indirect Tax process, as well as building business understanding within the team
Deliver commercial results by planning and prioritizing activities within the team, monitoring the team’s work against plan and intervene when needed, as well as reviewing and assuring the quality of deliverables.
Build operational excellence by driving continuous improvement opportunities to close value gap, ensuring that efficient and effective controls are in place, as well as encouraging team to improve efficiency of work and building culture of continuous improvement.
Develop team members by allocating work to build on strengths, active coaching for performance and development, managing a pipeline of successors for critical roles including own role.
Ensure resources required by effective recruitment and onboarding process, managing turnover and enhance knowledge retention.
Build excellent relations with stakeholders (internal and external) ensuring effective communication about business and law changes.
Co-ordination/ support for resolving all audit queries.
Ensuring compliance with standard streamline Indirect Tax process and controls.
Ensure quality and timelines of SOAR and metrics in own reporting nodes.
Contribute to successful go-live of any new tax migrations.
Identify and implement opportunities to continuously improve processes which enable to deliver on efficiency and effectiveness targets.
This is a challenging role which is central to successful operation of the Indirect Tax Compliance process.
- University degree, preferably in area of Finance and Accounting (accounting, law or tax working knowledge required.
- Must have at least 6 years work experience in various financial positions including experience in tax compliance or advisory.
- Experience in the managing teams in area of Tax or Finance will be an asset.
- Working knowledge about VAT, Finance
- Working knowledge and application of indirect tax, controls, standard streamline and accounting principles.
- Self-motivation and self-starting who is able to build and lead a team and manage/integrate with others in different functions and in a multicultural and diverse business environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels including communication with senior stakeholders.
- Highly developed analytical skills with perceptive and clear think strategic abilities
- Fluent English
- Experience of working in a virtual environment.
- Knowledge of various ERP systems and MS Office.
- Good working knowledge of Word and MS Outlook
-Good knowledge of Excel
Strong and proven experience in project management (Six Sigma Certification will be an asset)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects