Discovery is a global leader in the media sector, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres. We are currently recruiting for Discovery's Global Business Services (GBS) that maintains operations worldwide. The organization is known for its innovative thinking, best practice implementation and customer service. Discovery seeks to unlock financial value for the company through igniting curiosity in all of its team members, encouraging collaboration and constantly transforming.
What's on Offer
Discovery offers work in convenient location (close to the City Centre), attractive package of benefits and competitive salary.
- Perform the process of posting any pending balances related to customer accounts
- Partner closely with SAP IT teams to set up and test new bank accounts and bank clearings
- Partner closely with Collections & Customer Master Data to clearing customer accounts set up and improve auto - matching process
- Perform month-end close activities such as posting journal entries and reconciling cash
- Assist in forecasting, monitoring and tracking cash inflow
- Ensure SOX controls are operating effectively and evidenced timely, and provide support for all audit and SOX related requests from internal and external auditors
- Support the Collections Manager with the cash forecast targets for region and ad hoc projects
The Successful Applicant
- Have 1- 3 years of experience in Finance Department or Cash Accounting in a GBS environment
- Familiarity with electronic bank statements and working knowledge of banking transactions
- Experience dealing in multi-currency payments and E-banking
- Have educational background in finance/accountancy-related fields, University degree (min. Bachelor).
- Speak English fluently
- Proficient experience with SAP, MS Office, a least 1 year
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and numeric skills, with good attention to detail
- Have the ability to adapt when, due to business demands, deadlines and priorities change
- Ability to develop strong relationships with global finance and GBS teams
- Present the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- A team player with the ability to prioritize workload and work with minimal supervisor in a fast paced transactional environment
- Focused on continuous improvement
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information