Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Lead Business Analyst!
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Lead Business Analyst to join our Change Management team. In this role you will initiate, organize, drive, and complete small projects or segments of large projects that address business goals and needs. You may participate in any or all phases of the project life cycle and will be responsible for execution of project tasks in accordance with standards and best practices. In addition, you may provide guidance for one or several Business Analysts through coaching, resolving interpersonal conflict, coordinating activity, and assigning work.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Assist Project Manager and Project Sponsor in defining project scope.
- Identify business goals and problems in individual business units and across the organization.
- Perform assessment of feasible solutions and the range of problems they may solve.
- Lead project segment or work stream. Prepare a plan for the work stream plan, including the creation of a work breakdown structure, task assignments, timelines, phases, dependencies, and critical paths.
- Work with Project Managers to prioritize deliverables and manage resources.
- Ensure thorough testing of all system changes, including user acceptance testing, regression testing, client testing and parallel/pilot testing as required.
- Ensure that Business Analysts adhere to strong project execution methodology standards and best practices throughout the project lifecycle.
- Document and/or review business requirements gathered from business users, sponsors and clients, and obtain user signoff on the requirements.
- Identify and interview key individuals to gather needed details and direction to define business requirements.
- Track and organize open items; understand the time sensitivities of open issues and drive to resolution.
- Conduct business analysis to determine how changing business needs will affect the system or product; clearly articulate the business need and potential solutions with support of insightful analysis and documented evidence.
- Demonstrates strong subject matter expertise in the assigned product or discipline, including technical knowledge of associated systems.
- Design creative solutions that meet the goals and objectives of the project and align with product/discipline strategy.
- Lead work streams or project segments.
- Lead or participate in client workshops and meetings to identify key issues, requirements, and gaps.
- Conduct/lead user/client training when necessary.
- Assist in the creation of product announcements and modification of client demonstration materials as needed.
- Provide guidance for Business Analysts through coaching, resolving interpersonal conflict, coordinating activity, and assigning work.
- Lead design sessions, driving to creative, well thought out, viable solutions.
- Identify gaps between business requirements and existing or proposed design solutions.
- BA/BS degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of industry or project experience
- Takes ownership and follow through on tasks; results oriented
- Flexible and able to handle multiple priorities
- Creative thinking, intellectual curiosity
- Problem-solving and sound judgment
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all audiences
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others