PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Are you ready to make your mark on a truly global scale? Passionate about how brands express themselves through packaging? Do you love all things design & creative? Shell Lubricants Global Marketing team is looking for tenacious Associate Packaging Manager with a creative flair, to drive the pack design & contribute to the wider packaging change agenda, leading to exceptional visual identity for our brands (Shell Helix, Shell Advance + others).
You will distil key insights into briefs for pack label design, working closely with brand teams and external design agencies to deliver inspiring work for our brands. You will own the label design process end-to-end, putting your pack design development process knowledge & experience into practice.
You will project manage the creation of the Global Master Artworks for our brands (predominantly B2C brands such as Shell Helix and Shell Advance) working autonomously, in close alignment with global brand managers and local marketers.
You will push for clarity in the moments of ambiguity to persistently drive progress. You will use the existing processes and tools to safeguard design development, working with multi-functional team members when needed to come up with extraordinary solutions, that may be needed to achieve timelines. You will relentlessly drive progress in ensuring support from all necessary stakeholders.
Collaborating with brand teams to align design briefs, develop project plans, advising brand managers on what’s possible when, and steps to get there (key milestones)
Leading the creative design process with design agencies to manage the creation of Global Master Artwork at design level (brand graphics, brand tier graphics), achieving KPIs agreed with brand managers
Managing the library of the final Global Master Artworks on Brand Central global repository
Leading the development of a best practice “Pack Policy” document, with support from Global Packaging Manager
Lead one total pack innovation project (beyond label) contributing to the 5-year packaging strategy targets
Managing the packaging design agency relationships with at least 1 agency
Attending key global meetings, packaging research & pack print sign offs (travel internationally approx. 10%)
Managing the GMA-related label design budget
- Minimum 3 year packaged goods or design product working experience with ideally some classic FMCG brand marketing training
- Solid understanding & minimum 2 years experience of managing packaging design end-to end process in local, regional or global role
- Experience in a global business with high level of complexity and large number of stakeholders
- Able to successfully build & maintain relationships with creative agencies, holding them to account as well as inspiring them to deliver their best work
- Self-starter, self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to prioritise own work
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional project management skills
- Open minded, positive attitude & creative to overcome obstacles that may arise
Number of Vacancies: 1
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects