State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Technology Risk Manager, Officer
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-608079
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
The Business Controls team in Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) at State Street is seeking an Officer to manage Data Governance projects (90%) and execute Governance activity in support of technology risk management (10%).
Project Management (Data Governance)
The Officer will work under the direction of Program Leadership and AIS management – and in collaboration with Corporate leadership and business partners – to develop plans and execute projects that promote technology resiliency and data quality.
Initiatives may include but are not limited to:
- Managing plans to progress applications through increasing levels of maturity and facilitating completion of requirements and documentation (e.g., data dictionary, data lineage diagrams).
- Centralized collection and tracking of essential metadata for classification of applications and data across the company (e.g., provider/consumer, systems of record, business domains).
- Analysis and support to progress remediation of issues, close gaps in coverage, and facilitate compliance with policy requirements.
- Preparation and update of reporting for the Business Control Executive (BCE), Business Risk Committee, and senior management.
- Additional projects and analysis to promote technology resiliency and data quality, as needed.
Governance (Technology Resiliency)
- Manage activities surrounding validation and monitoring of Key Risk Indicators, including setup, execution, and documentation (minutes) of monthly Technology Resiliency working group meetings.
- Monitor compliance with technology-related policy and procedure.
- Track progress toward remediation of issues.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working both independently and in collaboration with others; will exhibit flexibility with regard to changing priorities, differing deliverables, and management of new risks; and will work with a bias toward action, customer service, and corporate alignment.
- Establish and manage updates to project plans to progress initiatives.
- Research, update, and maintain technology attributes in Application Inventory.
- Complete analysis in order to identify issues requiring attention and assess opportunities for (LEAN) improvement.
- Create communications, websites, procedures, minutes and other documentation deliverables to provide awareness and education and to ensure governance.
- Prepare status updates and other reporting in support of management requirements.
- Other activities, as needed, to facilitate continued alignment with and meet expectations of the corporate Data Governance program.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of experience with project management, technology risk management, or equivalent work
- 1-2 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to meet deliverables, timelines, standards
- Basic proficiency with Excel, SharePoint/Collaborate, PowerPoint, and/or Word
- Appetite to learn or deepen knowledge of skills and processes
- Knowledge of Technology SDLC and Agile desirable, but not specifically required
- B.S. in Computer Science, Business, or related discipline (or equivalent industry experience)
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.