State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Privacy Manager, Officer
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-608381
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Make Your Mark at State Street
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. We’re a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have – on our clients, our communities and each other.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
- Develop general understanding of privacy and data protection laws, regulations and best practices, including GDPR, GLBA; GRC tools and implementation; data breach handling and cross-border data transfer requirements and industry standards/frameworks (NIST, ISO27k, COBIT 5, FFIEC)
- Help socialize the value of the Privacy program including benefits for stakeholders; rules for engagement; and the enforcement of data policies and standards with operational procedures and governed solutions
- Support the development of control structures within a simple environment to ensure the accuracy and quality of data through all upstream and downstream data channels. Support the end-to-end planning, management, implementation and transition of medium to large projects including supporting multiple work streams and working groups within a large strategic initiative
- Define and execute processes to monitor Privacy governance policies and procedures to ensure data integrity, consistent data definitions, and monitor overall data quality
- Assist the AIS Privacy Officer in the execution and management of the Privacy Program and assist the local jurisdictional Designated Privacy Liaisons with the carrying out of their roles
- Assist the business with Privacy related queries and projects
- Provide recommendations for measuring and improving the effectiveness and efficiency of governance, operational control processes, and compliance activities
- Provide guidance to business partners to ensure alignment between business unit-level procedures and Privacy governance policies
- Maintain monthly and quarterly reports demonstrating program activities, project progress, issues and resolutions for senior and executive management among others
- Assist in disseminating information and policies ensuring employees are aware of and comprehend the latest governance quality standards and monitoring requirements
- Exercise oversight of AIS’s policies, standards, practices the creation and maintenance of effective internal controls and the implementation of corrective actions to address any process and control deficiencies
- Exercise sound judgment with regards to matters of significance such as project coordination, risk management and controls execution
- Demonstrate awareness of, and potentially identifying and reporting, risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence as part of our Way Ahead foundation
- Develop an understanding of the processing of personal data and the exercise of individual data protection rights under the GDPR
- Engages with 3rd party vendors, internal development teams, and other parties as needed
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of privacy and data protection laws, regulations and best practices, including GDPR, GLBA; GRC tools
- 3+ years of experience with project management, risk management, or equivalent work
- 1-2 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to meet deliverables, timelines, standards
- Basic proficiency with Excel, SharePoint/Collaborate, PowerPoint, and/or Word
- Appetite to learn or deepen knowledge of skills and processes
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.