State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Internal Control Team Manager, Officer
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-608624
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
- Develop and build up a strong relationship with all operational groups in Poland. Ensure for KPI monitoring, regular service calls and feedback delivery to all parties. Escalate knowledge gaps.
- Act as an escalation point for resolving issues raised by Operational groups in Poland down to interdependencies between those, considering downstream impact, IT and External Parties.
- Escalate on performance drop and operating model inefficiencies. Look for support from Operational groups as well as recommend own remedial actions.
- Look after Management Information to Senior Management in Poland and Oversight locations.
- Provide value-added observations and flag to Business Unit Heads.
- Review and contribute to Error and Timeliness Analysis making sure remedial actions are valid and completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain managerial oversight of all activities conducted by the Internal Control Team.
- Conduct Performance appraisals and objective setting.
- Provide regular reporting on issues and status to management team.
Leadership and Management
- Lead and motivate staff, particularly direct reports.
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behaviour; ensuring staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate and implement training and development activities for the Associate(s) within your charge.
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to Associate(s) on technical, professional and client issues.
- Agree goals for Associate(s) annually and keep up to date on the PPR system during the year.
- Monitor and appraise the performance of Associate(s) - providing regular formal and informal feedback ensuring the PPR system is updated within corporate deadlines.
- Manage resources & take responsibility for the recruitment of new staff.
Management of Deliverables
- Attend relevant service and project calls as required and plan accordingly for confirmed projects.
- Continually review the Operating Environment & suggest and implement improvements where necessary.
- Monitor team expertise on all aspects of fund accounting operations through the use of a team knowledge matrix.
- Where client initiatives involve the need to amend the current process, liaise with the appropriate Staff Members/Client Relationship Managers to ensure full understanding of current vs. future state and potential gaps/business impacts that may require project support.
- Maintain close contact with the team, briefing them on all issues and problems both actual and potential.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with relevant colleagues in other company’s departments and locations of State Street to implement best practice approaches and to ensure that service objectives are met.
- Act as focal point for contacts and meetings for internal customers of Poland Operations and build relationships with internal customers (general management, support functions and other business partners).
- Conduct regular and structured meetings with internal customers which specifically focuses performance and operating model.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients, third parties and colleagues, communicating effectively through formalised reporting (MIS, CRM & Senior Ops KPIs) and ad hoc liaison.
- Ensure effective logging and resolution of enquiries and liaise with appropriate parties to resolve/ escalate queries / problems within agreed timescales.
- Ensure that his/her direct manager is kept aware of all issues/problems/queries/work in progress that may impact upon the quality of service being given; provide complex and capable suggestion of potential solutions.
Reporting to a Senior Control Team Manager, the candidate will be responsible for a team in a busy and challenging environment. The candidate will gain exposure to many client relationship management aspects with an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a fast moving financial services environment.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.