Purpose of Role
Global Billing Operations in Finance Operations performs Billing activities supporting various Shell businesses including Retail, Shell Fleet Solution, Aviation, Upstream among others. As a global team operating out of 2 main hubs in SBO Manila and Krakow, we manage over USD100b of annual sales with over USD40b in working capital for Shell. Our process aims for flawless delivery, continuously improved cash and cost as well as customer experience.
The Team Manager position will lead the Cards Accounting team in ensuring accurate and timely invoicing to Euro Shell Cards holder, Retailer reimbursement and financial recording of International Cards transactions and other Revenues, whilst driving continuously improving operations in delivering business objectives measured through transparent metrics. This involves managing effective collaboration across a wide range of stakeholders in various functions.
This role works closely with Operations Manager and Billing Process Expert in alignment and delivery of Cards Billing Operations priorities.
To ensure all activities are delivered to required qualitative standards and to agreed timelines for assigned markets.
1. Deliver operational excellence leveraging on impactful and visible process metrics and productivity measures, complimented by robust business continuity strategy. Embed structured ways of working and fit-for-purpose monitoring mechanism enabling timely intervention.
2. Build strong connection and working relationship with key stakeholders focusing in enabling effective collaboration to achieve business and organisational objectives within WCF
3. Role model and cultivate CI behaviours; drive automation, standardisation, simplification and end-to-end streamlining of processes. Ensure quality and timely delivery of CI/Smart Automation opportunities.
4. Ensure compliance to applicable governance of risks, flawless execution of controls and compliance initiatives and best in class control performance. Support any audit and investigative review of the assigned market(s).
5. Embed Learning from Incidents, best practice/knowledge sharing within and across teams supported by comprehensive root causes analysis and sustainable solutions implementation. Ensure proactive management and timely resolution of issues/incidents.
6. Ensure sensible adherence to the fundamentals of standard accounting principles, policies and standards.
7. Deliver global or regional mandated change agenda and projects, including local SFS activities. Ensure stakeholders requirements are understood and aligned.
8. Embed Process Capabilities agenda and deliver Knowledge Management Standards. Develop greater understanding of business/market(s) and equip staff with required competences. Ensure process documentation including WIs are updated and retained.
9. Maintain optimal organization structure and consistently deliver quality performance within budget
10. World Class People – building and sustaining high performing culture
- Ensure staff is engaged and aligned with organisational priorities
- Responsible for resource planning and management encompassing right recruitment, transition management, jobs assignment, talent development and succession planning
- Role model Supervisors Expectations and personalise developmental plan for staff
- Coach and develop leaders/ talents and experts in the team
- Effective performance management and appraisal across all levels, with regular constructive feedback
- Solid leadership skills to motivate and coach for high quality and sustainable performance and to build support around strategic directions
- Good project management skills and problem resolution skills
- Ability to understand end-to-end business processes and develop understanding of customer/stakeholder needs
- Proven prioritization skills. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Maintains work-life balance for self and the teams
- 5 years’ experience in accounting/finance positions- 2 to 3 years supervisory experience
- Accounting and finance background preferred, with experience in Retail/SFS business
- Knowledge and experiences in DS Retail and/or OTC processes would be an added advantage
Number of Vacancies: 1
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects