What's on Offer
- Possibility to develop in international structures
- Cooperation with key decision-makers in the region
- Attractive salary and benefit package
- Financial Accounting and Reporting - For the EMEA legal entities with allocated responsibility, provide timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, working capital & legal forecasts, statutory accounts and Management reporting on a local GAAP & US GAAP basis, according to group policies and timetables.
- Talent Management - Develop and align the capability of the SSC Accounting support team to the business' needs. Continually assess colleagues' individual potential as well as supporting their personal and professional development. Promote a 'can do' proactive mindset to meeting business needs.
- Internal Controls - Ensure that internal controls are robust to enable timely detection of fraud and errors, and to mitigate the risk of fraud and errors being committed, thereby ensuring the integrity and timeliness of Financial Accounting information and in safeguarding the company assets.
- Collaborate closely with the local professional advisors, local affiliate Finance & Controllership teams, the International Tax group and Outsourcing partners, to ensure the seamless integration of Tax and Financial accounting into the EMEA legal entities books for which responsibility has been allocated.
- Compliance - Ensure that all supported legal entities comply with all external (Statutes, law, fiscal, Local GAAP, US GAAP, SOX) and internal (Corporate policies) requirements.
- Balance Sheet Management - Ensure that adequate processes, controls and reports are in place to enable the business to manage Controllable Working Capital (Receivables, Deflator Accruals, and Other Accruals). Ensure that all balance sheets accurately reflect each legal entities assets and liabilities, and that all such balances can be properly supported.
- Processes and Systems - Review and develop existing systems, tools and processes to ensure; Internal Controls are effective, the integrity of financial information, and that services provided to the business are efficient and cost effective.
- Audit, Statutory and Taxation - Manage the Annual Audit process (Internal and External) to ensure efficient and timely completion and timely filing of all statutory reporting obligations, Returns and Taxation/VAT/Intrastat submissions.
- Team - Work collaboratively with Finance & Controllership area and global management to support corporate initiatives. Proactively participate in the sharing of new/innovative practices
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified Chartered / Certified Public Accountant (or local equivalent).
- Graduate degree with an emphasis on Finance, Accounting and Management (preferred).
- Have a significant level of experience in an accounting role with a Controllership focus
- A good level of English language skills, both orally and in writing.
- A good level of numeracy and experience performing quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Additional European languages - German is essential.
- Solid technical accounting knowledge
- Good computer literacy essential together with a good working knowledge of SAP, Hyperion and Excel
- Good team player with previous experience of leading small teams
- Organized, structured, logical, and systematic in their approach
- Confident/Self Starter with a proactive approach to meeting challenges and overcoming obstacles through assuming full ownership.
- Focused on delivering to internal and external deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills to establish excellent working relationship with a wide variety of people at all levels.
- Flexible and adaptable to change in accordance with business need