IT Controls Testing & Regional Lead
Information Technology (IT), Management and Business Support, Risk
Job Reference #
A Centre Of Risk Expertise (CORE) has been established providing varied Technology Risk related services which requires Senior Local Leadership in Poland. The role has 2 main areas of focus 1) Accountable for overseeing and providing local line management support for Technology Risk Management staff located in Poland and 2) Defining and ultimately leading a new team focused on the testing of technology specific controls. The role will provide general Management oversight and support over 20-30 Krakow based staff while having direct functional Leadership accountability for the design and operation of the Controls Testing Service. Staffing for the controls testing service will be split across 2 primary locations. This role will report directly to the Head of TRM - CORE
This role will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Define, design, implement and operate the new Controls Testing Service
• Plan and manage staffing levels in line with Service demand in Poland
• Work with Human Resources staff to recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ an appropriate number of employees.
• Provide support and guidance to Krakow based TRM staff to delivery against their functional objectives
• Build and grow relationships with other service providers within UBS to which the TRM CORE can work with.
• Actively work to keep attrition well below the site average
• Provide oversight and direction to the employees in the operating unit in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
• Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
• Continuously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organization's and that emphasizes the identified mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organization.
• Lead employees using the UBS performance management and development process that provides an overall context and framework to encourage employee contribution and includes goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning.
• Lead employees to meet the organization's expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment.
• Assist in supporting employee work schedules including assignments, job rotation, training, vacations and cover for absenteeism, etc.
• Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, IM, and regular interpersonal communication.
• Be a strong advocate for the team and its staff across all dimensions.
• Technology Risk Management Center of Risk Expertise (CORE) is a team of risk professionals each with expertise in different disciplines providing services fundamental to the effective operation of the Technology Risk Management Organisation.
• Capabilities ranging from Stream Risk specialists, Reporting, Assessment and Analytics , Control Assurance and Testing to Project management and Continuous Improvement are provided.
• Krakow will be the main hub with colleagues also located in the US and APAC
• CORE capabilities will be deployed as Services with Project Management support available to enable delivery
• Each capability and service will be continuously measured to asses and improve its effectiveness
• Proven experience in running high performing teams and managing staff to achieve superior results
• Proven experience working with technology controls
• Proven experience in the testing of controls
• Proven experience executing strategic programmes of work
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Demonstrable experience of being able to work to very tight timelines on multiple detailed activities simultaneously
• Bachelor's degree
• Able to build, maintain and motivate staff to create an inclusive ,challenging and enjoyable work environment.
• Able to interact comfortably with all levels of management
• Ability to operate successfully in a matrix environment
• Proactive and detail-oriented, yet comfortable working in a dynamic environment with fast paced deliveries and changing requirements
• Highly motivated, able to work independently and apply own initiative
Preferably you also have:
• Good knowledge of information security and technology
• Good understanding of 1st Line of Defense Risk Processes and procedures.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."