Compliance & Operational Risk Control Specialist
Job Reference #
Are you an open-minded, well organized person looking for new challenges? Would like to develop operational risk management skills? We’re looking for someone like that to:
– Maintain the BCBS 239 control/process population, and associated BCBS 239 mappings, assisting with the management of changes to the population and production of change reconciliations
– Maintain BCBS 239 testing issue logs and compare the results of BCBS 239 testing with the latest self-assessments and analyse inconsistencies
– Monitor, review and perform BCBS 239 assessments of operational issues and events
– Assist with ensuring the BCBS 239 risk frameworks are designed and operating effectively across UBS and assist with the implementation and operation of risk processes within UBS
– Assist in the production of the Annual Attestation Report, to provide an evaluation of UBS compliance with the BCBS 239 Principles
– Support and drive quality improvement activities across the Global Compliance and Operational Risk Control Group
– Facilitate and Deliver ad-hoc requirements for the validation of BCBS-239 activities
You’ll be working in the BCBS 239 Independent Validation Team, which sits within Compliance and Operational Risk Control, Corporate Center, an independent second line of defense function responsible for the implementation of the Operational Risk Framework across UBS. You will be based in the UBS office in Zabierzow (Krakow Business Park). The role of the BCBS 239 Independent Validation Team is to review the bank's compliance with the BCBS 239 Principles, ensuring the bank's risk data aggregation and reporting processes are functioning as intended and are defined appropriately for the bank's risk profile. We aim to provide UBS with real time guidance and challenge around aspects of their businesses and processes, including critically challenging the suitability of controls and processes and partnering with them on points of escalations.
– At least 2 years of experience within financial services, preferably within Risk Management, Finance or Accounting.
– Understanding of operational risk management concepts and its implementation in practice.
– A proven track record of successful delivery, including day-to-day mandate and change initiatives, while meeting fixed deadlines.
– The ability to deal with a large workload and prioritize competing demands with an eye for process improvement, planning and organization.
– Preferably with experience and knowledge of internal control design and governance, with knowledge of the BCBS-239 Principles.
– Creative, independently minded, strong technically with problem solving/analytical and strong influencing skills
– Methodical, concise and accurate with strong attention to detail
– Able to analyse and understand processes and controls at a high level
– A strong communicator both orally and in writing (and you know how to handle challenging situations)
– Team-orientated, while able to complete tasks independently and autonomously
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."