Automation Specialist – Internal Audit
Job Reference #
Would you be excited to work as an Automation Specialist within a global Innovation team with diverse backgrounds and talents? Can you apply your technical skills to help automate tasks using Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Data Science tools? Do you enjoy the challenge of building solutions that enhance efficiency and effectiveness to an organisation?
We’re looking for an Automation Specialist like that who will be part of our small team:
- bringing innovative automation solutions to the Group Internal Audit (GIA) department,
- owning a leading-edge 'virtual auditor' robotic solution,
- designing and implementing solutions for self-service and process automation using:
o Automation Anywhere (RPA software),
- maintaining and supporting automation environment,
- establishing relationships with auditors within GIA to meet the operational and automation needs of the organization:
o Translate business requirements into automation design and document these in plain English for business users,
o Collaborate across audit teams and locations, providing automation solutions to support their requirements,
o Provide assistance with Alteryx development to support business to build their own automation capabilities,
o Display strong communication, interpersonal and ability to understand requirements from users with varying levels of technical knowledge coupled with effective problem solving, conceptual thinking, quantitative and analytical skills.
You will be working in the GIA Team in Krakow. GIA is an independent function that supports UBS in achieving its strategic, operational, financial and compliance objectives. We do this by assessing key processes as well as governance, risk management, and the control environment within all Business Divisions and Corporate Center Functions globally. We are independent in our work and report directly to the Chairman of the Board of Directors and the Audit Committee.
We are a talent powerhouse that attracts and develops the best people by driving career growth in and outside the department. As an Automation Specialist you will be a member of the global Data Analytics & Engineering team, which works collaboratively with all GIA teams and management in different aspects of design and delivery of innovative and efficient solutions. In that role, you will gain insight into a wide variety of GIA's processes and will be able to influence their effectiveness.
The position is based in Zabierzow k/ Krakow (Eximius Park Zabierzow).
- a Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of relevant work experience in RPA, as a developer, data analyst or data scientist
- experience and good understanding of an RPA tool (preferably Automation Anywhere) or a structured programming language and common constructs of programming
- some SQL skills (preferably Oracle SQL)
- an excellent verbal and written command of English with the ability to effectively communicate with different stakeholders
- excellent time management skills, ability to set priorities effectively
- work experience with data preparation tools like Alteryx (preferred, not required)
- work experience with data science languages like Python (preferred, not required)
- reliable when working independently, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues
- able to multi-task and handle multiple requests – knowing when to escalate and communicate deadlines effectively
- able to challenge status quo, and propose new solutions and improvements
- keen to develop your understanding of Investment Banking, Asset Management and Wealth Management
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."