Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Security Operations Manager to join our enterprise services team. The Security Operations Manager is a key part of the Global Security team, primary responsibility is to manage the Security and Safety of the Krakow office. In this role you will also assist in the coordination and management of physical security and incident management under the direction of the Sr. Regional Security Manager. Additionally, you will be responsible for reporting and conducting routine audits of offices, ensure the effective and timely response to alarms, calls of distress, incidents and notification of major incidents to senior management. The primary focus will be to protect BBH’s people and assets by using best practices to safeguard the Firm and its staff from risk.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop timely analysis on the condition of position, receivable, pricing and trial balance reconciliations.
- Direct point of contact for operational security services to BBH Krakow and all other BBH offices.
- Manages the operation of security systems for the Firm’s Offices (i.e. access control, intrusion detection, CCTV).
- Manages contract guard service at the Firm’s European locations through development of best practices, standards of conduct, and service level agreements.
- Liaises with European Law Enforcement and other BBH lines businesses by being the primary source of contact for all physical security related incidents relating to theft or property damage, etc.
- Provides security trainings to the staff
- Contacts security vendors to provide coverage for special events,
- Directs point of contact for physical security services to BBH Krakow and all other European offices.
- Provide leadership and guidance for the Crisis Management Team in Krakow in the event of an incident or BCP event.
- Incident management and appropriate escalation of incidents to senior leadership.
- Provides assistance to Business Continuity (BCP) for emergency response and planning.
- Monitor and Administer the Security Access Request [or related] Database for the European Offices.
- Position requires 5+ of security management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication presentation, leadership, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English is required – additional languages would be beneficial
- Proven ability to communicate security technical processes to non-technical audiences.
- High quality analytical skills with experience in conflict resolution.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Consultative mindset
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others