State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Senior Auditor - Financial Crime and Compliance, Officer
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-612301
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
State Street’s Corporate Audit Department
At State Street, our people are our most valuable resource. We know that smart, skilled, productive employees are essential to our company’s continued success. As a leading provider of financial services, with operations in 29 countries and more than 32,000 employees worldwide, we work hard to provide an environment where every employee feels engaged, valued, and well-equipped to reach their full potential.
State Street’s Corporate Audit Department carefully recruits staff with a combination of backgrounds, including prior audit experience in internal and external audit practices, information technology or specialized areas such as regulatory compliance, securities trading and operations. As a member of State Street Corporation’s Audit Division you will be part of a team where collaboration is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is valued. We offer flexible schedules, continuous training, global exposure and multiple opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Our team of 280 professionals is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve the overall control environment of State Street Corporation and its subsidiaries. Our auditors interact and communicate regularly with executive management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the company’s daily operations. Our audit team acts as:
- Independent advisors—advising management on risks related to strategic initiatives, organization, process and systemic changes;
- Subject matter specialists and controls experts—providing knowledge and experience in key risk areas;
- Efficiency specialists—identifying inefficiencies in risk management and control design; and
- Problem-solving partners—looking ahead to help management envision future risks and opportunities.
- The Senior Auditor will work with a team of professionals to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of controls designed to ensure the businesses are complying with relevant regulatory requirements and corporate policy and procedures;
- The Senior Auditor will be a member of the team responsible for the execution of key centralized and local Financial Crime and Compliance audits and for providing subject matter expertise and oversight for Anti- Money Laundering (AML) , Counter-Terrorist Financing (CTF), Sanctions and Compliance audits conducted including: establishing, implementing, and monitoring firm-wide risk assessment and testing programs for areas like: AML/CTF Program, Sanctions Program, Compliance Oversight Program, Compliance Risk Management Framework and US and local specific regulatory requirements;
- The Senior Auditor must be an experienced professional who possesses strong auditing and/or regulatory examination skills, and a good knowledge of the key regulations and current regulatory developments relevant to State Street’s businesses;
- The Senior Auditor is also expected to interact and to maintain relationships with senior internal stakeholders;
- The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to support the maintenance of the program, as well as, strategic direction and goals of the Firm is critical;
- The Senior Auditor will mainly participate in Financial Crime and Compliance audits and control consulting engagements that evaluate corporate management, business processes, business controls, risk assessments and operating practices globally;
- The Senior Auditor should clearly demonstrate proficiency in evaluating and testing internal controls and in applying risk based audit skills to business units globally;
- The Senior Auditor will prepare and/or review audit work papers ensuring sound audit theory and compliance with the department’s risk based audit methodology;
- The Senior Auditor ensures that audits are completed in compliance with the Corporate Audit Department and Institute of Internal Auditor standards;
- The candidate requires good analytical, interpersonal, time management, project management, research and communications skills;
- The Senior Auditor will participate in audits across State Street’s businesses in EMEA and other regions; and
- The Senior Auditor will report to the Head of Audit Poland.
Skills and Qualifications
- Audit experience in either public accounting or internal audit, and relevant financial services industry experience in Custody, Alternative Investments, Private Equity and regulations (3-5 years);
- Experience in either working or auditing financial service’s AML, CTF, Sanctions and Compliance functions;
- Working knowledge of key financial service’s regulations;
- Degree-level education and a relevant professional qualification with post-qualified experience.
In addition, the successful candidate will need:
- A range of personal attributes, including being collaborative, determined, energetic, inquisitive, intelligent and articulate;
- To work independently as well as being able support the overall team;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written in order to effectively communicate with senior leaders within business divisions;
- An understanding of key regulations impacting State Street businesses; and
- Willingness to travel, mostly within Europe (estimated at 25%).
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.