State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Tax Operations Specialist - VBA Specialist, Senior Associate
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-612766
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose Of Role:
- Under supervision of Tax Manager, the Operations Specialist will engage in various projects, special analysis and initiatives relating to technical aspects of the business to achieve efficiency gain.
- Provides technical support to Tax Team Supervisor and teams to ensure all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
- Builds technical knowledge in the team related to tax aspects.
- Plan, develop, and implement automated process improvements for EMEA Tax department.
- Takes a leading role in the review of corporate documentation of processes, procedures and controls across client groups. Evaluates their continuing effectiveness and accuracy. Initiates remedial action as necessary. Ensures documentation exists for any client-specific procedures.
- Participates as technical SME in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products relating to the ongoing business transformation process. Provides regular progress reports and gives feedback during project meetings.
- Acts as central point of contact for technical issues encountered in the daily business. Tracks issue trends and escalates as needed. Contributes to “open surgery” sessions for technical issue resolution.
- Contributes to analysis and planning of tax operating model with the aim of standardizing processes and establishing best practice.
- Provides technical and planning support for new business transitions to Poland. Ensures proper governance and controls are in place. Performs post-transition analysis to identify process gaps.
- Works closely with Training Department and business lines to identify training needs within the team. Ensures that those needs are met by delivering training sessions to staff on agreed topics.
- Performs FTE and capacity analysis within tax team.
- Utilize Microsoft technology to enhance tax process
- Track and report the status of team’s projects to Management
- Take on ad hoc project work as required from your managers
- Support LEAN initiatives in department
- Experience in a taxation or fund accounting environment is necessary.
- Very good English
- PC literate and excellent working knowledge of MS Excel
- VBA working knowledge
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Demonstrates flexibility
- Perfect organizational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ensures accuracy and quality
- Displays insight and influence
- Fosters collaboration and teamwork
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.