State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Investment Analytics Operations Manager, Officer
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-612449
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose Of Role:
The Investment Analytics Operations Manager will report to the AVP responsible for the operations and development of Compliance and Performance teams and will have a delegated responsibility for the same. This position lies within a business group primarily responsible for Performance Analytics, Market Data and Investment Compliance and Control.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for providing support and supervision for Performance and Compliance Analysts who are responsible for performing daily and monthly audits/reviews and reporting for various global clients. Included is ensuring maintenance of data integrity controls for performance results calculated in internal and external systems used to produce timely and accurate reporting delivered to our global clients. The candidate will be expected to demonstrate effective communications to staff and management and be required to attend meetings at various levels across the global organization. As part of the SPG/SSIA – Poland Management Team, the Officer will also be expected to gain wider knowledge of all departmental operations in order to support and actively contribute at the Management Team level.
Management of Global Delivery:
- Oversee and support Performance and Compliance functions associated with Operations management, Project management, (Internal) client management and people management.
- Execute on priorities and responsibilities set by direct manager; manage own time and willingly take on initiatives geared to adding value as aligned with corporate and department goals and objectives.
- Delegate tasks, ensuring completion, of value-added activities to team members.
- Provide guidance, training and coaching to staff which there are direct management responsibilities and others as appropriate.
- Monitors and appraises staff performance while providing formal and informal feedback.
- Provide expert knowledge, guidance and support to team members on technical, professional, and client issues.
- Ability to provide vision, direction and leadership to staff while maintaining their engagement in the process.
- Act as liaison and escalation point for local Performance and Lux Compliance staff.
- During managerial absence, assume responsibility for timely escalations of issues with potential risks to deliverables /communications to Department Head.
- Perform other ad-hoc duties, as assigned by local senior management.
Management of the Service Quality:
- Ownership of quality and timeliness experience for service deliverables on assigned internal client relationships
- Efficiency: Actively seek ways to streamline and improve controls process and drive high levels of quality; identify (potential) issues and risks in service delivery and determine/implement necessary corrective actions or controls
- Coordinate collection of KPIs and other management reporting, analyzing trends and providing recommendations
- Monitor internal controls over team deliverables and other, as assigned by his/her direct manager.
- Coordinate daily and month-end processes and determine effective utilization of resources.
- Support business continuity and succession planning to maintain and ensure consistent service delivery.
Management of the Internal Relationships and Communications:
- Develop and maintain strong communications and working relationships with respective donor sites and internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate cross-functionally, developing tactical and strategic perspectives on issues and understanding of upstream/downstream impacts.
- Conduct regular and structured team meetings, 1:1 and skip level meetings on operational and professional development levels, ensuring follow-up of action items.
- Act as a role model in accordance with TWA to display and communicate high standards of personal and professional behavior and risk excellence; ensuring staff adherence to Company and Departmental policies and procedures (Standard of Conduct)
- Help bridge the gap between operations and senior management by the development of future leaders.
- Promote Poland whenever possible.
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
Leverage Talent – Actively commit to developing yourself and others to drive the competitive advantage achieved through a diverse, engaged and mobile workforce.
Collaborate for Results – Do more than we thought possible by working together to accomplish our goals.
Effective Communication – Convey and receive messages clearly, with impact and empathy. Tailor messaging for each target audience.
Manage Execution – Deliver flawless execution of work products through effective plans, clear priorities and developed process management to ensure all resources function at optimal levels.
Quality & Risk Management – Drive high quality outputs and ensure that organizational risks are managed through embedding effective controls.
Exception Processing & Issue Resolution – Engage in resolution process, proactively resolving inquiries and exceptions by working with functional teams and State Street colleagues.
- Developing familiarity of Performance methodology concepts, and ability to impart knowledge and experience effectively with colleagues
- Knowledge of internal State Street systems (MCH, AMS Allocare, MySS) and/or external Performance systems.
- Excellent PC skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills in both verbal and written forms (e.g., internal clients and people management).
- Excellent time management, organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to foster a high-performance working environment through team building and collaboration
- Ability to provide coaching and mentoring to junior managers and employees
- Ability to create and maintain a positive environment through motivation and inspiring staff towards achieving higher goals
Level Of Education:
- Economics, Accountancy, Finance and/or Business related degree (preferred)
Previous Level Of Experience:
- At least 4-6 years of related work experience, including previous experience managing staff
- CIPM, CFA and/or other industry qualifications, a plus
- Knowledge of Fund Administration is a plus
- Fluency in oral and written English is required
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.