Job Reference #
Are you a financial accountant with a strong conceptual understanding and an analytical mindset? Can you guide and oversee junior colleagues? We’re looking for someone like this to:
• compile and analyze financial and regulatory information relevant for external and regulatory disclosures
• support internal tax expert in preparation of local external and internal tax reporting
• support month-end closing processes and perform an analytical review of balance sheet and profit & loss accounts
• provide detailed comments on significant movements caused by unusual business activities
•ensure completion of assigned tasks in an accurate and timely manner
• build advanced accounting knowledge in our Krakow team
• build a strong network and collaborate with various finance departments across organization to ensure the quality and fast information
You’ll be working in the Group Finance team in Zabierzow, Krakow Business Park. Our role is to support the EMEA/Poland region(Polish entities) and to provide accurate and reconciled financial information.
Key objective of the role is to deliver high level financial reporting support on all operational and financial activities across our various locations. Has daily interaction with various internal clients located globally including Integrated Middle Office, Financial Controllers across all legal entities and divisions.
- university or similar degree in finance and/or a qualified accountant certification or equivalent degree
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting work experience either through a controlling, audit or consulting role, ideally with part of this work experience through a role with a Big 4 audit firm or a large bank or multinational natural firm
- the strong ability to self-start and work independently, with experience in overseeing team members
– strong understanding of IFRS and Polish accounting/tax acts
– experience with Basel III regulations would be beneficial but is not required
– strong MS Office (required) and SAP Business Warehouse / Analysis or similar tool skills (beneficial)
– fluent in English both spoken and written (required)
– a strong and assertive communicator, comfortable interacting with counterparts at all levels
– methodical, concise and accurate, with a strong attention to detail
– strongly committed with a professional, proactive and positive attitude
– able to apply technical understanding to practical problems
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."