Container Technology Engineer (Digital Platforms & Productivity)
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
The opportunity is for a hands-on systems engineer to join a team of 10 passionate technologists.
• Engineer vendor or custom tools to support container and Kubernetes usage in UBS.
• Ensure container technologies meet UBS Key Controls and Software Lifecycle Requirements
• Define patterns and how to use container technology within IB Technology
• Make usage of containers in UBS a pleasure
• Be a container advocate across the wider organisation.
• Be passionate about improving developer experience and making it easy to do the right thing
• Communication and advocacy are also key – you will sell by word and example: CI/CD, everything as code & DevOps as philosophy
• Support large-scale system to leverage containers and cloud technologies with Azure and Kubernetes
We're building a passionate and innovative cross-functional engineering team in Wrocław. It will unite about 10 passionate technologists around a common vision of delivering, at global and enterprise scale: CI/CD, Cloud Orchestration and making it easy for all our teams to do the right 'engineering' thing. Over and above that, this team will be developer advocates: selling the vision, communicating, coaching and helping others utilise cloud and container technologies.
• Experience in container and Kubernetes engineering and administration
• Experience of container monitoring security and scanning tools (Sysdig, Aquasec)
• In-depth knowledge of Infrastructure As Code tooling (Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Vault, Consul)
• Experience with containerization and orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Azure Kubernetes Service)
• Worked with CI/CD toolset including Github, TeamCity, Jenkins, Nexus
• Experience with monitoring & availability tools (Prometheus, Grafana, Nagios, Geneos)
• Knowledge of Splunk & ELK Pipeline (AppDynamics, Kibana, Logstash, Elastic Search)
• Experience configuring load balancing & traffic routing (nginx, iptables, lvs)
• Effective communicator able to influence others
• Passionate about DevOps and improving productivity of others
• Interested in chaos engineering
• Advocate of iterative, test-centric development practices and methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."