Developer Advocate – Container Engineering (Digital Platforms)
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
UBS IB is in the early state of its journey of mass Cloud migration for over 1000 applications, this is a unique opportunity to join the engineering team that is shaping and delivering this enterprise container and Kubernetes transformation.
So you will be a hands-on engineer looking to join a passionate DevOps engineering team, where the team focus is the enterprise engineering of this technology for both private and public cloud (Azure).
Your communication skills will be key as the team also act as developer advocates helping to drive the technical education and adoption of Cloud technology.
• Be a key advocate for cloud, containers, CI/CD & DevOps across the wider organisation.
• Evangelize development teams using StackOverflow, blog posts, presentations & guides to promote adoption of modern development approaches and appropriate tools
• Be passionate about improving developer experience and making it easy to do the right thing
• Communication will be key – you will sell by word and example: CI/CD, everything as code & DevOps as philosophy
• Enable multiple development teams to leverage containers and cloud technologies with Azure and Kubernetes
• Assist developers in troubleshooting their onboarding into cloud
We're building a passionate and innovative cross-functional engineering team in Wrocław. It will unite about 10 outstanding technologists around a common vision of delivering, at global and enterprise scale: CI/CD, Cloud Orchestration and making it easy for all our teams to do the right 'engineering' thing. Over and above that, this team will be developer advocates: selling the vision, communicating, coaching and helping others achieve state of the art delivery pipelines. The team you'll join (Engineering Productivity) together with Neo are part of Digital Platforms team.
• Experience in supporting other engineers with building & deploying their applications
• Experience with containerization and orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Azure Kubernetes Service)
• Ability to develop and automate solutions within build & deploy chain
• Knowledge of Infrastructure as code tooling (Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Vault, Consul)
• Experience with build tools such as Maven, Gradle, MSBuild
• Experience with CI/CD toolset including Github, TeamCity, Jenkins, Nexus
• Working knowledge of Splunk & ELK Pipelines (AppDynamics, Kibana, Logstash, Elastic Search)
• Engineer who loves connecting with other engineers to provide guidance and support with cloud technologies
• Effective communicator able to influence others across various channels
• Passionate about DevOps and improving productivity of others
• Advocate of iterative, test-centric development practices and methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."