As global game changers, our experts play big. Match your curiosity with continuous opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact. Join PwC and be a game changer.
PwC is a powerful network of over 250.000 people across 158 countries. All committed to deliver quality in Assurance, Tax, Advisory & Technology services. Match your curiosity with continuous opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact. Join PwC and be a game changer.
We are looking for candidates that are eager to develop their competences in the field of applied Data Science. In your role you will have a unique opportunity to test your machine learning skills in helping out with development of a ML-driven applications aimed for our clients in, predominantly, the Financial Services (Banking & Insurance) sector.
Data Scientist - Product Development
You will take on a Data Scientist role in a local product development team, within the Data Analytics department, responsible for the analytical engine of one of our applications delivered on the US market. Your responsibilities will include:
- Implementing DS functionalities in the application back-end, supporting their integration with other services;
- Researching and introducing big data solutions to DS back-end in Spark with Python;
- Cooperation with data warehouse team (data requests, optimization of input data storage);
- Implementation of data engineering procedures (Spark-SQL) to produce intermediate tables to be processed in Data Science activities;
- Participating in product development cycle activities: defect management, resolution process, GIT repository maintenance, new feature design and implementation;
- Maintaining documentation (technical descriptions ,user guides, business prospectus);
- Collaborating with international and intercultural teams;
- Working in Agile software development model;
It is expected that you will grow professional expertise through seeking knowledge, skills and hands-on experience in Data Science (through on the job learning, external events, conferences and training) as well as share your acquired knowledge with junior staff.
- At least 1 year of professional experience;
- Good knowledge of SQL in order to effectively use database engines for structured data;
- Good knowledge of Python;
- Experience with analysis of large data sets and good knowledge of machine learning algorithms;
- Last year master student or graduate (preferred Math, Computer Science, Economics, Physics, Operational Research or related);
- Interest in Data Science and willingness to learn new tools and solutions;
- Good command of the English language;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - essential in day-to-day cooperation with clients and the team.
Additional assets will be:
- Knowledge of Big Data Ecosystem: Hadoop (HDFS, YARN), Spark (PySpark/Scala, MLlib, GraphX), Hive, Dremio;
- Knowledge of an object-oriented programming language (Java).
- Opportunity to develop skills in statistical modelling embedded in business reality;
- Gaining knowledge and experience in the practical use of technology centered around Big Data on projects carried out for companies from different sectors;
- Dynamic, project driven work environment;
- Excellent working conditions and a friendly working atmosphere;
- Attractive compensation with additional benefits package.