HedgeServ is a top-ranked global, independent fund administrator providing a unique client-centric service and is the industry’s leader in technology. Headquartered in New York City and Dublin, HedgeServ currently services more than $350 billion of assets under administration. HedgeServ provides a service solution for front office, risk, valuations, middle office, fund accounting and fund administration that is customized to the needs of the individual hedge fund, fund of hedge funds and private equity funds. HedgeServ is located in New York, London, Boston, Cork, Dublin, Luxembourg, Sydney, Cayman, Krakow and Sofia.
The HR Manager will report directly to the AVP Human Resources and will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department in our growing Krakow office. The Human Resources Manager will contribute in a meaningful way to the accomplishment of the Human Resources objectives, which support our high-performance culture of quality, productivity and standards. This position is a hands-on operational role with exposure to senior stakeholders both locally and internationally.
- Manage the HR requirements for the Krakow office which currently supports approx. 190 employees with significant growth plans for 2020.
- Lead and manage the HR supervisor to develop and embed best practice HR operations with a continuous improvement mindset and a focus on standards and quality.
- Manage the onboarding, transfer and off boarding processes.
- Manage benefits administration and handle queries from the business in relation to benefits and policies.
- Manage delivery of pension and risk benefits schemes through our 3rd party providers.
- Oversight of HR changes impacting the monthly payroll submission to finance for Krakow.
- Working with the HR supervisor on all HR operational processes, including probations, headcount, exit interviews, absence management, wellbeing, CSR, and benefits administration.
- Compiling reports and metrics on HR related topics including turnover, exit interview analysis, end of probation etc.
- Manage global mobility process including visa/work permit applications for employees on assignment to the Krakow office.
- Effectively partner with operational managers to manage any employee relations or performance management processes in line with HedgeServ culture and local legislative requirements.
- Assist with the resolution of grievances and disciplinary matters in line with company policies.
- Keep abreast of all Employment law updates and inform HR team of same.
- Input into HR Risk Management framework.
- Manage and coordinate the annual performance review cycle, proving training for managers and and tracking completion rates.
- Provide support & guidance to other HR team members on handling challenging ER/HR situations.
- Ensure HR compliance with GDPR requirements.
- Working closely with the wider HR, finance, recruitment and training teams internationally.
- Contributing to ad hoc projects as required.
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience:
- Min 6 years HR experience, including people management experience and ideally in a multinational / international organization.
- Excellent working knowledge of Polish employment legislation and labor code.
- Fluent English, both written and verbal.
- A proven track record of supporting the business with practical HR interventions and a focus on results.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Workday experience a distinct advantage.
- Experience managing and developing a team.
- Ability to quickly establish excellent relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality and discretion with well-developed judgement.
- High level of initiative and proactivity with a hands-on, can do approach.
- Strong organizational skills & ability to multitask.
- Good analytical skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.