HedgeServ is a top-ranked global, independent fund administrator providing a unique client-centric service and is the industry’s leader in technology. Headquartered in New York City and Dublin, HedgeServ currently services more than $350 billion of assets. HedgeServ provides a service solution for front office, risk, valuations, middle office, fund accounting and fund administration that is customized to the needs of the individual hedge fund, fund of hedge funds and private equity funds. HedgeServ is located in Cork, Dublin, London, Luxembourg, Krakow, Bulgaria, New York, Boston, Sydney and Grand Cayman.
A Fund Accountant will be required to execute the following tasks within the fund accounting or NAV department. They shall be executed within the guidelines and procedures provided by HedgeServ and under the supervision and guidance of a Fund Accounting Supervisor and Fund Accounting Manager. Reconciliation, trade capture, processing corporate actions and pricing are an integral part of the Fund Accountant’s role. They will be required to perform these core tasks accurately and in a timely and efficient manner. Every Fund Accountant will receive the requisite Induction Training in addition to both compulsory training (AML/KYC) and optional training. Additional, client-specific training will be provided by the NAV Supervisor.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
The below list is not finite and may be added to. The combination of tasks required to be executed will vary depending on both client structure, client requirements and business needs.
- Assist in the production of daily, weekly and monthly NAV, ensuring completion of specified tasks per NAV checklists
- Perform cash, position and market value reconciliations between HedgeServ, brokers and clients
- Identify and investigate break items on reconciliations in a timely manner
- Escalate fund accounting issues and aged items to the Fund Accounting Supervisor
- Ensure all positions are priced correctly
- Verify corporate actions to ensure accurate processing
- Prepare daily profit and loss reports and review for reasonableness
- Calculate and process income and expense accruals including fee calculations and trading accruals
- Comply with HedgeServ’s defined checklists, procedures and controls
- Assist in the audit process if required
- Attend and participate in team meetings
- Converse and liaise with internal service departments to resolve miscellaneous fund issues.
- Ensure pre agreed internal and external deadlines are met consistently
- HedgeServ operates a client focused structure which provides a wide-range of experience to all levels of employee
- As such a Fund Accountant should be flexible and willing to adapt
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
- Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree
- Completed Bachelors degree
- Experience in a similar role within the funds industry – 6 months + ideally
- Intention to actively pursue a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, ACA) is not required but would be an advantage.
- IT Literate
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and well organized
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure and independently
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Good initiative tempered with identifying when escalation is required.
- Reliable, dependable and committed
- Take ownership of designated tasks
- Act as a role model for HedgeServ