ROCKWOOL Global Business Service Center (RGBS) is part of the ROCKWOOL Group and is providing financial and IT services within ROCKWOOL. Processes managed within our SSC in financial area: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Master Data and Banking. The company offers opportunity to grow within one process or in the future also cross – process options are possible. Our clients are spread around Europe so there are options to practice different language skills. We are located in Poznan, Poland.
Senior VAT Compliance Specialist
This is the role
The role of a Senior VAT Compliance Specialist is to ensure that the quality of deliverables made in the VAT Compliance Team lives up to our Group Tax Standards. The Senior VAT Compliance Specialist reports to the VAT Compliance Team Leader and is part of an international VAT team that is expected to develop significantly over the coming years. The main tasks cover:
- Review and sign off on draft filings created by Junior VAT Compliance Specialists and VAT Compliance Specialists in the team;
- Review and sign off on controls performed by Junior VAT Compliance Specialists and VAT Compliance Specialists in the team;
- Prepare, maintain and review VAT compliance process documents/manuals in accordance with the Tax Control Framework;
- Perform relevant controls according to the Tax Control Matrix incl. reconciliation of balance sheet accounts for VAT, sample checks etc;
- Support to Junior VAT Compliance Specialists and VAT Compliance Specialists in the team;
- Take active and proactive part in ad-hoc VAT advisory within ROCKWOOL, play a leading role in various projects, preparation/review of data to tax authorities, communication with tax authorities, lead on performing training sessions for the ROCKWOOL organization;
- For complex entities extract reports, analyze the data and prepare VAT returns and statistical reporting in order to produce high-quality, accurate submissions by statutory deadlines as well as review the data and perform standardized checks and ad-hoc random checks to find potential issues;
- Perform transition of the VAT, Intrastat and other indirect tax-related processes;
- Support in taking actions to solve issues, improve, standardize and automate processes;
- Establish and maintain an excellent relationship with local finance, tax advisors and other relevant stakeholders to ensure efficient and effective cooperation;
- Perform different reporting and controlling activities related to other indirect taxes such as sales taxes, import duties, customs, excise duties, energy taxes, Intrastat etc.
The position is an excellent job opportunity for a person interested in gaining tax experience by working globally in an international company.
This is what you offer
- University degree (preferable in finance, economy);
- 3-4 years of work experience in tax/ VAT department, shared service center experience (knowledge of the VAT compliance processes and VAT regulations in Europe and/or abroad) would be an asset;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to introduce your own ideas and process improvements;
- Flexible, goal-oriented and service-minded;
- Experience in SAP and MS EXCEL;
- Excellent communication skills in English; additional foreign European language would be a plus;
- Excellent organized, details-orientated and pro-active attitude;
- Strong team-player;
- Readiness for occasional business travels.
This is what we offer
By joining our team of 300+ employees, you become a part of the people-centric work environment in a Danish company with a comprehensive package of inter alia competitive salary, benefit & appreciation program, flexible working hours, team building events, activity-based office in Poznan’s city center in the new prestigious office building - Maraton Business Center.