ROCKWOOL Global Business Service Center (RGBS) is part of the ROCKWOOL Group and is providing financial and IT services within ROCKWOOL. Processes managed within our SSC in financial area: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Master Data and Banking. The company offers opportunity to grow within one process or in the future also cross – process options are possible. Our clients are spread around Europe so there are options to practice different language skills. We are located in Poznan, Poland.
VAT Compliance Specialist
This is the role
We in ROCKWOOL are looking for a skilled and experienced colleague to take the role as a VAT Compliance Specialist in the VAT Compliance Team.
The VAT Compliance Specialist reports to the VAT Compliance Team Lead in Poznan and is part of an international team which is expected to develop significantly over the coming years. This both in terms of types of tasks, standardization of processes and automation of tasks.
The role of a VAT Compliance Specialist is to be responsible for the compliance process from preparation to submission of VAT and other indirect tax related fillings. The responsibility also includes controlling in accordance with the control matrix, preparation and maintenance of all documents as stated by the Tax Control Framework and support to colleagues in the VAT Team with ad hoc tasks. The main tasks cover:
- Extract reports, analyze the data and prepare VAT returns and statistical reporting in order to produce high-quality, accurate submissions by statutory deadlines;
- Perform controls according to the Tax Control Matrix incl. reconciliation of balance sheet accounts for VAT, sample checks etc.;
- Prepare and maintain VAT compliance process documents/manuals;
- Participating in transition of the VAT, Intrastat and other indirect tax-related processes;
- Maintain good relationship with local finance, tax advisors and other relevant stakeholders to ensure efficient and effective cooperation;
- Sparring and support in solving issues, improve, standardize and automate processes;
- Support to Junior VAT Compliance Specialists;
- Provide support in various projects, preparation of data to tax authorities, training sessions and ad-hoc VAT advisory within ROCKWOOL.
Besides VAT the tasks could also cover different reporting and controlling activities related to other indirect taxes such as sales taxes, import duties, customs, excise duties, energy taxes, Intrastat etc.
This is what you offer
- University degree (in finance, economy);
- 1-2 years of work experience with VAT;
- SAP knowledge or shared service center experience (knowledge of the VAT compliance processes and VAT regulations in Poland and/or abroad);
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership, pro-activeness;
- Flexible, goal-oriented and service-minded;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Good team-player.
This is what we offer
The position is an excellent job opportunity for a person interested in gaining tax experience by working globally in an international company. You will be part of multinational Tax Group and will be provided with opportunity to take part in challenging projects.
We can offer you working in professional and dynamic environment and open corporate culture. You will be part of an organization offering personal and professional development. All this in an organization living the ROCKWOOL Way by valuing Ambition, Integrity, Responsibility and Efficiency to be excellent at what we do, drive profitable growth and improve productivity continuously.
By joining our team, you become a part of the people-centric work environment in a Danish company with a comprehensive package of inter alia competitive salary, benefit & appreciation program, flexible working hours, team building events, activity-based office in Poznan’s city center in the new prestigious office building - Maraton Business Center.