Investor Services Managers are responsible for the ongoing management of the Investor Services process within the guidelines and procedures provided by HedgeServ and under the supervision and guidance of a Director and Managing Director. Every Investor Services Manager will receive the requisite Induction Training in addition to both compulsory training (AML/KYC) and optional training. Additional client-specific training is provided by the Director and Managing Director.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
The below list is not finite and may be added to. The combination of tasks required to be executed will vary depending on both client structure and client requirements.
- Resolve investor transaction enquiries escalated by Supervisor or Administrator.
- Ensure all aged items on TA bank reconciliations are resolved timely.
- Resolve complex AML/KYC documentation issues in conjunction with Compliance department and MLRO where required.
- Review Investor Transactions.
- Review of Redemption Payment Schedules.
- Review and approve wire transfer payments.
- Ensure investor reporting is provided accurately and timely as agreed with client.
- Ensure client reporting is provided accurately and timely and in line with agreed client expectations.
- Handling complex calls from investors.
- Identify areas for improvement in processes, personnel and structure.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the NAV, QA, Compliance departments.
- Review annual fund audit requirements ensuring all items are addressed timely and accurately.
- Ensure all investor audit requests are responded to accurately and timely.
- Manage multiple client relationships ensuring constant liaison with both the client and the relevant NAV manager ensuring consistency and clarity of service.
- Manage investor services recruitment, training and performance evaluations.
- Review documentation upon initialization of new clients.
HedgeServ operates a client focused structure which provides a wide-range of experience to all levels of employee. As such Investor Services Manager should be flexible and willing to adapt.
Investor Services Manager should be capable of managing a team of up to 8 staff servicing multiple clients with various requirements and deadlines.
- Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree. Min. 2.2 honors degree.
- IT Literate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively both within a team structure and individually.
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Good initiative tempered with identifying when escalation is required.
- Strong systems, product and process knowledge
- Reliable and Dependable
- Ability to positively influence team morale
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in a Hedge Fund Administration Firm with at least 3 of those at Supervisor level. Alternative Hedge Fund experience may be considered.