About the Opportunity
Dentons Business Services EMEA is currently seeking a Billing and Cash Collection Specialist to focus on assisting the Scotland Credit Control team with their daily duties.
About the role
- Collection of aged debts by telephone with a minimum of 25 calls per day
- Be proactive in booking and attending monthly meetings with all partners, agreeing strategies to collect aged and or difficult debts and ensure all queries are resolved appropriately
- Building relationships with partners and fee earners to ensure collection policy is adhered to
- Sending out monthly statements to clients via email
- Completing supplier forms from clients
- Assisting with the daily banking and identifying BACS, CHAPS and cheque payments
- Following up with partners to confirm invoices have been sent out in a timely manner
- Work with the ebilling team to ensure invoices are submitted in a timely manner and be aware of any client billing requirements
- Maintaining detailed and accurate notes regarding debtors on ARCS accounts system
- Providing general assistance to the Revenue team with ad hoc projects, as required.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in Customer Service is nice to have
- Confident using MS Office, including Word and Excel
- Experience of working in a law firm (or similar) would be an advantage, but is not essential
- Possesses the confidence to deal effectively with clients, partners and fee earners
- Knowledge of ARCS and the Elite accounts system would be an advantage
- Flexible and prepared to work additional hours at month, quarter and year ends to assist the Revenue team with month end processes
- Highly structured and organised individual, with good attention to detail, accuracy and quality
- Able to demonstrate good client/customer facing skills.
What we can offer
Dentons is always looking to invest in the highest-quality talent, recognizing that our success is built on the diverse and unique strengths of each of the members of our Firm. Our team of business services professionals play a significant role in the success of Dentons, and we recruit Talent into a wide variety of areas. Here, we look for focused, flexible individuals from a variety of backgrounds who are team players. Previous experience within the legal sector is not essential. We want to give everyone the opportunity to develop his or her potential fully and, therefore, provide support, training and encouragement to members of teams at all levels.
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV. If you would like to ask any specific questions beforehand, please contact Anna at email@example.com
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work.